Which speedbooster for GH4

BenV

I have just purchased the sigma Nikon mount 18-35mm for my GH4. I was going to wait for the possible GH4 speedbooster as I have a m43/Nikon g cheap adapter. After trying the lens with my current adapter it seems to rattle around a bit on the adaptor so I'm now not sure if its worth waiting for the possible GH4 speedbooster or going for a different one (m4/3 one I guess)?

Does anyone have any info on when / if the metabones GH4 mount is still happening or just a rumor?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi BenV,

Would be very interested in seeing your footage with that combo as I'm thinking of getting the same lens. I've seen some footage from others, but am dying to see more.

I ordered a cheap knock-off adapter - no idea what it'll be like. I expect it to not work as well as the Metabones, but I'm getting it anyway and will run my tests and report back, but it may be a while, just saying!

If you have a Nikon mount lens with no stabilisation then there's very little point in waiting for a Canon mount Speed Booster in my view.

I was thinking more of the a tweaked version of a m43/nikon speed booster for the GH4 that was rumoured? Think it was meant to get the 4K closer to s35. Not sure if that is likely to happen in the near future?

I have read your report on using BMCC/Nikon speed booster but I still a little worried I would damage my camera body by accidentally using  the mechanical shutter or scratching the plates in front of the shutter.

Hi BenV,

Would be very interested in seeing your footage with that combo as I'm thinking of getting the same lens. I've seen some footage from others, but am dying to see more.

I ordered a cheap knock-off adapter - no idea what it'll be like. I expect it to not work as well as the Metabones, but I'm getting it anyway and will run my tests and report back, but it may be a while, just saying!

Yea likewise. I did think about a knock-off one but couldn't find much info on how they perform. Still would be interested to see what they are like in comparison. I will hopefully be able to do some of my own test once I work out what adaptor I'm gonna go with.