GH4 and 14-140 mk2 bad stabilization

Vesku

I finally got an answer from Panasonic factory about my questions of Panasonic 14-140mm f3.5-5.6 OIS jittering in video. They said that my many jittering example videos I have posted to them looks normal and the the OIS seems to work in factory standards and there is nothing wrong.

It is not a surprise, what else they can say. They said the same thing about 35-100 f2.8 but still they made the FW fix. But now they cant say that they have not heard about the issue of 14-140 II because they answered me about it. I hope the will make the same update than they made for 35-100mm f2.8.

• 4 months later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 1 month later...

I had sold my Nikon lenses and bought the G7 with 14-140 lens. Nikon was great and steady but old enough.

I liked the new Panny G7 but I noticed the jitter right away.

I sold the lens on Ebay and bought the Metabones speed booster with a 28-135 Canon lens.

It's better but Canon's stabilizer doesn't seem to work great. I'm guessing only in 4K. But it's nothing compares to Nikon's VR.

I'll do some tests this week but i'm not happy with stabilization at all.