Ignore this and use the other topic **a7R V Announced**

BTM_Pix

• BTM_Pix changed the title to Ignore this and use the other topic **a7R V Announced**
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Or the new ZV-1F which literally no one is talking about.

The camera which can't even do raw stills??

zzzzzz

I so want a fantastic camera with a 1" sensor and a compact wide angle prime lens at an affordable price, but this isn't it. 

13 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

And puppies? Why don't we see more puppy videos??

Puppies pretty quickly grow and look like dogs.  Even at 6-months or so, most puppies look like very excitable dogs.

If you do a bit of searching for van-life videos you'll quickly find that there are thousands of twenty-something women who live in vans with their dog and travel constantly while living full-time on their YT channel or Etsy store.  Dogs get a lot of air-time in that genre of content 🙂 

3 hours ago, kye said:

If you do a bit of searching for van-life videos you'll quickly find that there are thousands of twenty-something women who live in vans with their dog and travel constantly while living full-time on their YT channel or Etsy store.  Dogs get a lot of air-time in that genre of content 🙂 

Love the " thousands of twenty-something women " description... : D

Here's why the digital revolution had to happen ! LOL ; )

Incredible times... Oh well

...except for that crazy cold wind at East... : (

5 hours ago, kye said:

If you do a bit of searching for van-life videos you'll quickly find that there are thousands of twenty-something women who live in vans

They will need the latest Sony for sure (probably the next gen…or one after that, ie, will have to wait a few weeks) for when they make their, “Why I QUIT Van LIFE” video.

Also, “Anyone Want A DOG As It Is No Longer A PUPPY”.

43 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

They will need the latest Sony for sure (probably the next gen…or one after that, ie, will have to wait a few weeks) for when they make their, “Why I QUIT Van LIFE” video.

Also, “Anyone Want A DOG As It Is No Longer A PUPPY”.

Actually, and I know this might come as a bit of a shock, but mostly these people don't think about the cameras they use the way that camera YT does, and many of them just use their phones.

Some of the ways I can tell this is that:

• they mostly shoot deeper DoF
  • they mostly shoot in-camera picture profiles (or do a stunningly good job of grading footage so it looks like the in-camera profiles)
  • if they do get a new camera they will typically not mention it, except if they screw something up and have to apologise for it by saying "sorry, new camera, I'll work it out eventually"
  • if they do a video covering their essentials they will often just say the brand of the camera and some even say they don't know what the model is

Also, and these probably will also come as a shock:

• Lots of them have been doing van life for years and years and aren't quitting anytime soon
  • There is no way they would ever ever ever ever get rid of their dogs because they weren't a puppy anymore

Outside of camera YT there's many many little niches where people care about things other than YT and equipment, aren't attention-grabbing narcissists, and genuinely care about living creatures other than themselves.  SHOCK!!!!

8 hours ago, kye said:

To be fair, that's very sensible, if you're living alone in a van, have a dog with you for company/protection!

2 hours ago, Django said:

I just discovered this "van life" scene the other day looking for FX30 videos. I was kind of shocked this one "influencer" got a whole Sony pelican case of gear yet at the time of release, she only had 25 subscribers ?! What's at play here, Sony marketing trend speculating?

HOW TO VLOG - with the new Sony FX30 Cinema Camera!

and here's a channel with 825K subs that is filmed with an iPhone.... https://www.youtube.com/c/hannahleeduggan/videos

What can we draw from these two amazing data points?  How about...  cameras don't matter than much 🙂