A7RV announced

newfoundmass

4 hours ago, kye said:

TBH though, the biggest challenge that I saw online from stills photogs was that they simply weren't willing to try.

Or try but give up very quickly because it just complicates their lives massively plus the fear of cocking up the photography side…which as I say has been and at least for now, continues to be great for me 😬

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
41 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Here in Greece, anyone that could buy and/or hold a camera, was doing weddings video at some point..many still do.

And I presume there is a market for that as there is in most countries but also as in most countries, there is more than one market.

Discerning folks with deeper than average pockets don’t rummage in the ‘bargain’ basement section. They never have. They never will. They just don’t.

On 10/31/2022 at 2:14 PM, MrSMW said:

A7RV (100% stills + about 10% video) plus battery grip (for the big lens)

2x FX30 (100% video, one in hand, on Spider holster or tripod, the other gimbal)

Tamron 11-20mm f2.8

Tamron 20-40mm f2.8

Tamron 35-150mm f2/2.8

Ultimately, it's about the system and regarding the above, the compromises are about as minimal as they get...

Compromise 1: Flip out rather than tilt screens on the FX30's.

Compromise 2: Err, it's Sony and I'd rather champion the underdog?

It's a bit of a no-brainer for me. I hate change. I hate change for change sake for sure, but the system I currently have just has not been working for me. It's been getting in the way and I have been grappling with it for 2 seasons now.

For what you do that's a solid lineup. I'm in the same boat, shoot tons of photos and video, and I'm actually considering shrinking my kit a bit with all the recent aps-c lens announcements and the FX30 - combined with either my a7IV as my photo workhorse or the a7rV. The 26mp crop mode for stills on the rV makes for a lot of versatility.

Just an FYI, the Tamron RXD lenses are not quite as good as the VXD lenses from an AF standpoint. They still perform well, I ran the original 28-75 a lot on the a7sIII, never had any major issues. The newer version is better. The linear motors are smoother. The 35-150 is awesome. If I could find one, it would live on one of my bodies.

Mixing aps-c and FF complicates things a bit lens wise for me, but with small/fast zooms like the Tamron's and the new Sigma 18-50/2.8, it really has me itching to downsize a bit and move from the a7sIII to the FX30. The complete lack of photo features gives me pause, as I actually do shoot a fair number of photos with the a7sIII. I get its cost cutting to hit that price point, but not having a shutter and single shot only with the FX30 is a numb nut decision to gimp the camera.

Cheers

Chris

8 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

the new Sigma 18-50/2.8

Another gem.

I have had this for L Mount since it came out and the fact that it’s APSC is no issue as I only use it as a 4K 50p video lens and that’s cropped with Lumix so is just a tiny f2.8 27-75mm.