[Rumor] New Canon sensors

Nikkor

There are rumors coming up about a completly new canon sensor fab which will produce a revolutionary performing sensor. It is supposed to be the one going into the new 7d mkii, and later in 2015 into the 5d mkiv, 1Dmkv,etc...

Personally I wish they'd come up with a FF mirrorless camera, specially since the A7s is kind of a deception viewed from an personal, totally subjective and youtube footage based opinion (no internal 4K, weirdo colors).

My guess is that it will have double readout in Alexa style -> creamy highlights

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/06/new-sensor-tech-in-eos-7d-mark-ii-cr2/

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/06/eos-1d-x-eos-5d-mark-iii-replacements-in-2015-cr1/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Personally I wish they'd come up with a FF mirrorless camera, specially since the A7s is kind of a deception viewed from an personal, totally subjective and youtube footage based opinion (no internal 4K, weirdo colors).

No comment on the rumour, because it is, well, just a rumour so far.

As for Canon coming up with a FF mirrorless camera, they have kinda done that already. The C100 and C500 are, whilst not literally FF, already Super35, aka "full frame" in cinema terms. I don't think there would be much point in adding yet another model with a FF 35mm sensor into their mirrorless Cx00 series.

Whatever happens in the mainstream photo/video DSLR side of things, suppose a new upgraded EOS-M model is possible, even in Photokina, but I doubt that it'll be nowhere near a 5D3 sans the flipping mirror. Or that such a camera would have video features better than those in the 5D3. Possible, perhaps, but not likely, given Canon's recent track record. The recently super-hyped 70D ended up having just one new gimmick, the on-chip PDAF, but beyond that, it offered little or no improvements in overall video quality.

But we'll see, eventually.

I imagine the 7DMkII will have low light capabilities similar to the C100-C300 or better, and probably a much needed enhancement of dynamic range (7D and 5DMkIII don't even get to 12 stops), better scaling (no line skipping) but I doubt it will have 4K video. That would make the 1DC totally obsolete, and to a certain extent the C300 (although it still would have better ergonomics, better codec, XLR inputs and built in NDs).

Probably it would be a good chance to implement h.265 with the current bitrate in their video -which theoretically would result in double the current quality-, maybe along some C-log mode that would make it one of the best DSLRs to shoot 1080p, maybe with both mic and headphone jacks...