Beauty and Sadness in Australia (5dmkIII + Raw, Sony RX10)

Rungunshoot

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well, image-wise, if there is nothing specific to express, just visual beauty (as many of us wish to capture), this imo is as good as it gets. Usually I don't like glossy photography, but with your eye everything seems to be a few levels deeper than the usual stuff. Requires superlatives. This is awesome.

Well, image-wise, if there is nothing specific to express, just visual beauty (as many of us wish to capture), this imo is as good as it gets. Usually I don't like glossy photography, but with your eye everything seems to be a few levels deeper than the usual stuff. Requires superlatives. This is awesome.

Thanks so much, Axel.  I really was just overwhelmed by the visual beauty of Australia, and I wanted to express what it felt like to be there, and also what it felt like when we had to leave.

Really glad you liked it.  

Really nice shots, makes me miss home!

One question, how did you do that cut at the minute mark from the little lake area to the inside of the car? Upwards movement at the lake > short cross dissolve > upwards movement inside car...?

Thanks, I loved Australia. You're lucky to be from there.

When I shot the footage in Australia, I did a lot of whip-pans in different directions at random intervals. So when I edited it together, I looked for shots where the whip pans (or jibs, if you will) fit together nicely.  For that particular shot, I added a brief dissolve to make the blend more seamless.

Thanks, I loved Australia. You're lucky to be from there.

When I shot the footage in Australia, I did a lot of whip-pans in different directions at random intervals. So when I edited it together, I looked for shots where the whip pans (or jibs, if you will) fit together nicely.  For that particular shot, I added a brief dissolve to make the blend more seamless.

Thanks for the tip, it came off really well and I just might steal it for a future vid.