"To buy or not to buy" VAF filter for 7D in the year 2014

Dan Wake

I know I need it so it's not important if it's 2014 and 7D is a little bit an old camera today (not so much). I wish to ask you if someone have to sell his unit it Europe, that would be awesome because used could be affordable maybe. New is too much costy I think (I have a discount code but it's really little), because I could change my camera very soon and I do not want to waste money. Does my thoughts sounds good? 

Thanks for help and any advices! :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

i don't know if this helps…but the 7d is rated very good in crop mode which i think means you don't need a vaf and you get higher resolution  too  good luck

thx. my problem is that my lens are: 50mm 1.8 and the old canon zoom 28mm-90mm. so in crop mode the tiny focal lenght that I can have is "28x5 (x 1,6 crop factor) which is 224mm  :ph34r:

The crop factor is roughly 1.6 x 2.7 = 4.32. The exact crop factor depends on how many horizontal pixels you use.

thx a lot for this  info! :) If I use 1920 x 1080 in crop mode which crop factor should I calculate? for example with 11mm lens should I get 47mm? I think I can shoot a movie with this focal lenght :) ok I loose the wide angle but it's not always necessary.  

thx a lot for this info! :) If I use 1920 x 1080 in crop mode which crop factor should I calculate? for example with 11mm lens should I get 47mm? I think I can shoot a movie with this focal lenght :) ok I loose the wide angle but it's not always necessary.

The 7D has 5184 horizontal pixels so if you use a crop with x pixels wide then the crop factor is 5184/x (ie if it's 1920 pixel wide then the crop factor is 5184/1920=2.7).

The 7D has 5184 horizontal pixels so if you use a crop with x pixels wide then the crop factor is 5184/x (ie if it's 1920 pixel wide then the crop factor is 5184/1920=2.7).

thx. because i thought I had to calculate the 5X zoom and the crop factor. Am I wrong? There is no 5x zoom to calculate? thx a lot again for your help. :)