Youtube music licenses for wedding videos

Thpriest

I have recently seen many wedding videos with "normal" music. When I say normal I mean music that hasn't been bought from places like Musicbed etc

See the example below. If you click on the license below the video it shows who owns the song.:

My question, how does that work? Do I need a special Youtube account? Do they pay for this music? How can I do the same?

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If the video will be used only on YouTube you can use most of music, but you will not be able to turn on monetization and YouTube will turn on monetization and give the revenue to the music copyright older. So, you can use a Lady Gaga song with no problem, but you get advertisement on the video and you get zero revenue.

6 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

Yeah, it's probably lickd. It allows you to license "mainstream" music for like $8 per video. 

Never knew this existed!

I get clients all the time wanting me to use more mainstream or specific tracks and whilst I am sure not ‘everything’ is available with this, it will open up options for sure.

Going to explore over the coming months.

Yeah, I was shocked at how reasonable it was, at least on first glance. I do wonder if there's a catch. I didn't look too deeply into it. I think the music industry is starting to understand, with the way things have gone, that it makes more sense to play ball so to speak. 

I'm pretty satisfied with Artlist.io personally, and don't really have use for using a song as a one off for YouTube, so I don't really see myself using it, but it's cool that it's out there. 

Artlist didn’t work for me…

MUCH better lyrical stuff on Musicbed, but more expensive.

Better non-lyrical on Epidemic Sound which is quite reasonably priced.

Where I have always struggled is more upbeat faster paced ‘dancy’ stuff to end my wedding videos…

Generally I’ll start with some ‘beautiful’ strings/piano for prep & ceremony, something a little livelier for the drinks reception into something sung and more contemporary and then…then that is where I struggle to find anything and have always struggled to find anything 🤪