sanveer

Guest d5f8611fa423d0e628c016f9d5c93b47

To give him a little credit, he's definitely not as bad as that english guy Mark who had to be seen-off several months ago. The one who made vampire films (what was his full name?) Andy Lee would remember. He was a total nightmare. He just wanted to criticise the site and pick faults. He could hardly put a sentence together, which made it all really quite funny.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

From the bullet points OP made, it doesnt sound like there was any new info from that webcast except that Panasonic acknowledge the audio issue as a hardware problem.

@Michael: The thing is that I have not noticed as much love for the GH4 as you seem to have. Not that I love it either (pretty happy with what I have already). Every clip of the GH4 posted is met with quite a lot of criticism either about the sharpness, dynamic range, low light performance and/or colour. And then there's people like me who have shot with these Panasonic cameras and know their potential, so I do get a little frustrated at the backlash but meh, I cant change opinions so why bother caring so much? What I will agree with is that there are too many fucking GH4 threads. And that includes this one,

For this market segment, Canon is well-deserving of some dressing-down, and I'm glad Andrew and now some others are giving it. The 5D3 is only competitive in this market with Magic Lantern Raw- an unauthorized, unstable hack! And even that is only practical for short-take narrative or dilly-dally personal shooting, with lots of time and space allocated for storage and processing.

Complaining about EOSHD being "all-GH4" right now is just silly. The GH4 is the big news in this market right now. When the 5D3 came out that's all EOSHD seemed to cover for a while. Same with ML Raw, the GH3, etc. In a month the A7s will be out and it'll be A7s fever here. A7s vs. GH4! Full-frame vs. Speedbooster! Low-light! Rolling shutter! Then the Shogun will come out and it'll be time for endless comparisons with that. 8-bit vs. 10-bit! Start-stop triggering! How flat can you limbo under the dynamic-range bar?!

It's just the nature of a news/gear blog, not to mention the internet itself. Don't be offended if your chosen gear isn't the flavor du jour.

To give him a little credit, he's definitely not as bad as that english guy Mark who had to be seen-off several months ago. The one who made vampire films (what was his full name?) Andy Lee would remember. He was a total nightmare. He just wanted to criticise the site and pick faults. He could hardly put a sentence together, which made it all really quite funny.

Crapping all over, chump, troll, bull in a camera shop.... remind me of the old dictum "In the house of a hanged man, one never mentions the word rope" 

From the bullet points OP made, it doesnt sound like there was any new info from that webcast except that Panasonic acknowledge the audio issue as a hardware problem.

@Michael: The thing is that I have not noticed as much love for the GH4 as you seem to have. Not that I love it either (pretty happy with what I have already). Every clip of the GH4 posted is met with quite a lot of criticism either about the sharpness, dynamic range, low light performance and/or colour. And then there's people like me who have shot with these Panasonic cameras and know their potential, so I do get a little frustrated at the backlash but meh, I cant change opinions so why bother caring so much? What I will agree with is that there are too many fucking GH4 threads. And that includes this one,

Ha ha!  I'm just old school I guess.  The most remarkable footage I've ever seen has come from the 5D either RAW or not. Perhaps I was seduced by content while watching I don't know, but, I think it's because the elite cream of the crop have used it and it's been the king of the hill despite the obvious problems.  

I know you have the GH4 and while I joked a little about your video being to sharp i thought it was very impressive. For landscapes, and open panoramic shots it is superb, alas my interest is in close ups of faces in low light situations, blown out back grounds, and a more rich and creamy look some would consider soft, but high resolution on faces is not flattering.

If I ever quit my day job and start a film career then perhaps I would add the GH4, but really at that point I would probably opt for the Blackmagic 4k, by the time that happens we'll all be going to work in flying cars.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Okay you prefer a standard creamy/soft camera for close-ups, and hence the GH4 is not for you. It's settled. :)

Enjoy your 5D and make films. It's an awesome camera!

Okay you prefer a standard creamy/soft camera for close-ups, and hence the GH4 is not for you. It's settled. :)

Enjoy your 5D and make films. It's an awesome camera!

Not settled, I may very well buy a GH4, it seems it would complement the 5D3 well.  I'm waiting to see what the Sony has to offer....... I'm a low light fanatic, because I hate setting up lights.

Lights are about a lot more than just exposure  :P

Yes, I've seen many how to do lighting videos.  I was making a little joke.  There are times though, where it would be nice to capture the natural light, I'm by no means an expert in lighting, and I think the guys who do the lighting are worth their weight in gold.  

I shot this Monday ..... I would have preferred to do it when the sun went down, but it is what it is.  Heavy Religious symbology almost to the point of freaking me out!  The guitarist Michael Chapdelaine is editing the audio and video as we speak over a hundred different takes. I shall post this video when he finishes, if you don't get fired from here before then. 

ScreenShot2014-06-10at12819PM_zpsa76dea5

ScreenShot2014-06-11at30911PM_zpsd561395

I joined this forum because it said EOSHD being I have a 5D3 I was interested.  Since I joined the forum I rarely see a thread about the 5D3 or any Canon.  If there is a thread it's usually about how outdated it is, how Canon won't respond to customers etc.  I do notice endless threads about the GH4, in fact just about every other one.  

So being an open minded person, albeit somewhat tired of the Canon bashing. I decided to take a serious look at the GH4, I'm not into the 4k right now but perhaps as things progress with my new computer, I will move in that direction, so this leaves me to look at the image which I find a lot of fault with, digitalized image due to the sharpness, a small sensor which doesn't deliver a shallow DOF as well as what I'm used to, and not as good in low light as what I'm accostomed to. 

If I dare bring up these issues I get slammed, and lectured to if you don't form a line and jump on the GH4 bandwagon.  Perhaps when the trolls quit slamming me, I'll quit bringing up faults with the GH4.  

The Canon 5D MK III is old news.  This site is basically run by one person.  In the now fast moving camera field he simply doesn't have the time to dwell on models.  If you read the proprietor's reviews you will see he still mentions how much he likes the full frame asthetic.  But as far as convient video cameras the GH4 trounces the 5D MK III.  The GH4 isn't a hack.  You don't have to shoot the GH4 in raw to get astounding images out of it.  But really the cameras are two very different beasts than can coexist.

The title of the website is unfortunate.  Really the proprietor should have chosen a more general name.  It probably seemed like a coup at the time to score such a great name.  Now it seems more like a curse.  This website was started way back in the day when large sensor video meant EOS.  Now outside of the Cinema line and Magic Lantern hacks EOS stands for video laggard.

No one is telling you to jump on the GH4 bandwagon.  It's just the 5D Mk III isn't king of the hill anymore.  That doesn't make it useless.

• Administrators

Right, next person to insult me is going to be for the chop. I have had enough. This forum is not about YOU. It isn't about what you think of the site name or fandom relating to brand X over brand Y. It is a place to learn and share constructive camera info.

• Administrators

Michael Thames has been banned.

I took a relaxed approach from the start here but I've decided he's a malignant influence.

He introduced himself to me for instance with an insulting private message.

His posts so far have all contained some element of trolling, from passive aggressive to blatant flaming.

If you haven't noticed, you haven't had the misfortune to read everything he's posted!

Michael Thames has been banned.

I took a relaxed approach from the start here but I've decided he's a malignant influence.

He introduced himself to me for instance with an insulting private message.

His posts so far have all contained some element of trolling, from passive aggressive to blatant flaming.

If you haven't noticed, you haven't had the misfortune to read everything he's posted!

I think banning people from sites lacks greater pleasure. Clever Repartees are wasted on cerebrally challenged and ineloquent whackos. I am sure they come nowhere near hurling rotten food at someone. 

Andrew, you don't need a certification from anyone. If anyone thinks they can run a successful website with a comparable number of visitors and members, they should do that. 

Btw, Michael Thames was in the Wrong Site. This is what he posted in this thread:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

"Spec sheets are boring to me, and I have to admit I don't like reading manuals.  I find I learn much more by apprenticing myself to a master, or to someone whom I look up to and respect.  In this way I seek knowledge about my particular craft."

This Site does not have a MASTER, but, All of Us know a site, which has a master, where Michael Thames can practice being disciplined  :D  ;)  :P

P.S.: No guesses for what the site is called ... 

• Administrators

It is like being at a party and the atmosphere is great, but then someone rude enters the room and hurls abuse at the host and several guests.... what do you reasonably do so not to cause too much of a scene? :)

Fire them into the sun... That's what.

Guest d5f8611fa423d0e628c016f9d5c93b47

The guy was a bad joke. Totally unaware of how up his own rear end he was. One of those old guys who is really patronising. You know the type: "as a special favour I'm going to dispense my infinite wisdom to you in a lengthy monologue, without stopping for a second to consider the possibility you don't have the mind of a 4 year old or that you might not be even vaguely interested in the inner workings of my mind."

I was actually quite sad when I found out who he was. It must be an amazing job making lovely classical guitars all day long. You would think someone who was successful at that would have more dignity and poise. Or at least more respect for fellow artisans.

My best guess is that he thinks everywhere online is the same as YouTube or Facebook - a rant-happy free-for-all. I was probably way too harsh on him myself. But you nailed it Andrew - he was like a smelly tramp in a public cafe. You try to be kind and tolerant, but when they start barking like a dog and frightening the children they have to go.