• In-body image stabilization
  • 10-bit 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 capture in a choice H.265 or H.264-based AVC formats
  • S-Cinetone color profile
  • S-Log2 / S-Log3 with uploadable LUTs for previewing or applying to footage
  • '16-bit' Raw video output
  • No mechanical shutter mechanism
  • Front and rear tally lamps

Anyone interested in it?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm super intrigued by it. I'm a hybrid A7siii and A7iv shooter. They both serve their specific needs really well with plenty of overlap in the middle to make them a great pairing. For $1,800, this FX30 really makes a strong case as a solid C camera or even a B or A camera in certain situations. Sports videographers will flock to this for the extra reach you get with 4K120. 

37 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

These more affordable "cine" cameras are very interesting to me, but it really drives me crazy that they lack so many video centric features. Like how do you call something a cine camera without offering DCI 4K? 

DCI 4K, waveform, False color, synchro scan, possibility to dial down noise reduction to zero...

I'm interested as an A7S III owner cause I think it's a great B-cam to it but seriously tired of Sony not giving us all those little things made possible via a simple firmware update in A7sIII, FX3 and now FX30... 

9 minutes ago, Trankilstef said:

DCI 4K, waveform, False color, synchro scan, possibility to dial down noise reduction to zero...

I'm interested as an A7S III owner cause I think it's a great B-cam to it but seriously tired of Sony not giving us all those little things made possible via a simple firmware update in A7sIII, FX3 and now FX30... 

I guess it's their version of the cripple hammer? It just seems ridiculous that if you want these features you need to drop thousands of dollars more on the FX6 or FX9, especially when other companies add these features to their non-cine cameras.

Looks quite interesting to be honest, especially with the affordable f/1.4 viltrox & sigma prime lenses.  If I ever sell my Nikon Z6 I may end up with an FX30, I feel like right now APSC is the way to go if we don't want significant compromises but at the same time do not want to pay an arm and a leg for an A7sIII or FX3 or R5C.

14 hours ago, Kisaha said:

At least I hope there will be an "answer" from Canon, at around that money..

Probably Canon's "answer" already exists, and is the Canon R7?? 

But I'd rather have this Sony FX30 instead!

3 hours ago, MrSMW said:

I like it, especially the form factor which reminds me of the Sigma FP, just with a grip, but do I like it more than the XH2-S?

Not quite…

Not for you, as I think for your purposes decently strong-ish stills performance at least matters to you as well? 

11 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

Like how do you call something a cine camera without offering DCI 4K? 

Moreover, how do you call something a cine camera when it only offers shutter speeds, not shutter angles, and doesn't display frame rates accurately (23.98 is displayed as 24)?

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Not for you, as I think for your purposes decently strong-ish stills performance at least matters to you as well?

Probably right…but I like to consider all the options!

I’m still drooling over the new Hassie and whether it’s even remotely possible…and if it is, having zero video capability, would need a dedicated video sidekick.

Right now, based on all factors for my needs, I’d probably pair this new Sony with either the Sigma 28-70mm or the Tamron 17-70mm (for a bit of extra width) and I’d be good to go!

I’d still need 2 dedicated static units though and would maybe go with the ZV-e10’s which would do the job.

Ah decisions decisions decisions… 🤔🤪🫣

5 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Probably Canon's "answer" already exists, and is the Canon R7?? 

But I'd rather have this Sony FX30 instead!

I have the R7 already!

That is not it, it is a hybrid with video an afterthought. I would like to see a specialized cheap Canon cine camera, a cheaper C70, a lot cheaper C70!

1 hour ago, markr041 said:

The fx3 lacks all those features too, and is Netflix approved. So, I guess the new version is not just meant for "Youtubers" either. Timecode synch!

True, the FX3 has made significant inroads in the broadcast market. But still it's weird to call these "cinema" cameras. They are not. Maybe they're better described as broadcast cameras but that doesn't have the same cachet.

5 hours ago, Kisaha said:

I have the R7 already!

That is not it, it is a hybrid with video an afterthought. I would like to see a specialized cheap Canon cine camera, a cheaper C70, a lot cheaper C70!

Canon has a rumoured R7C on the way:

The Canon EOS R7 C will record 7K60P in Cinema RAW Light and will reportedly have the same codec options as other Cinema EOS cameras, including the Canon EOS R5 C.

There was also talk of a C50 ages ago but that rumour didn't seem to pan out..yet.

3 hours ago, Django said:

Canon has a rumoured R7C on the way:

The Canon EOS R7 C will record 7K60P in Cinema RAW Light and will reportedly have the same codec options as other Cinema EOS cameras, including the Canon EOS R5 C.

There was also talk of a C50 ages ago but that rumour didn't seem to pan out..yet.

Definitely this Sony release, along the GH6 and the new Fujis heated the segment..

Canon has to respond, I read the rumors and I am waiting to see.

One R7C and an R6 mkII would be perfect to complete my set. My main jobs in the industry are irrelevant to cameras anyway, but I like to have options, and complete sets.

It's not a revolutionary camera, but it's very competitively priced, which I think is the main goal. I think they understand that there's a segment of their customers that won't shoot on anything that isn't full frame so this probably isn't going to hurt those sales anyway, at least not to the extent that it'd hurt more than they gain from bringing more people into their ecosystem with a camera like this. 

I really don't want to go with Sony, but getting 2 or 3 of these might be the direction I end up going. Though I have a Lumix S5 and quite like it I've never been someone that particularly cares about full frame, so "downgrading" doesn't really matter to me. The lack of video features that even the entry level S5 has is frustrating, though and might be enough to make me wait to see what Panasonic does.