Some sad personal news, and a note on the future

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

As if it weren't bad enough, when the world seems to be going mad each week with yet another WTF moment, at a personal level half the universe is suddenly in question and we wonder what's going on? In all inadequacy I know, but I send my healing thoughts to Zara and you Andrew at this difficult time. I've been very moved reading these posts, and hope they also help you to know something of the reality of the regard and honest feelings community people here have in support to you and the family. All the best.

14 hours ago, IronFilm said:

That's awful, sorry to hear, best wishes to you and your family during this time. 😞 Hope there is a miracle and she's successful in fighting off this cancer. 

Yes @Andrew Reid don't take it as granted, never lose any remaining hope your sister can overcome it, we never know, probability is what it is, no more no less but also vice versa. May that happen, it wouldn't be the first time... who knows? Things are not linear at times, let's keep it positive at least while she is fighting for and we all here send all the best energy for her and you Reid family < 3 Let her know our wishes if you find it appropriate... There are many here with her in our souls and minds!

I've learned over the past 10 years that with every passing, I've lost a part of myself, never to be the same.

Some pass through your life, but still walk the earth... others pass on.

Both are difficult but you learn something from the loss. It doesn't fill the void. Or dry the tears. But it comforts you.

So take something from this loss. Don't let death, especially from fucking cancer, steal something from you...

You'll be honoring your sister's life and her impact on yours.

Good luck.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Andrew. 

Please take all the time you need and be there with your family.

Sending lots of love to you and yours.

My brother passed away 2 years ago now and it's been awful, Take the time you have and be there for Zara as much as possible. I know you will, but truly, use the time you have. Again, so sorry to hear about this. 

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your sister, Andrew. My father-in-law is fighting the cancer battle now. He's the fourth family member or friend of mine to do so. I've learned to never be shy about telling the one's I care about that I love them.

Hopefully you can take this time to bond and heal with your family. I'll be rooting for your success in the future.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

Horrible news.  So many of us have been cruelly affected by cancer in our families.  Fuck cancer.  Be loved and give love Andrew.  Embrace what you can while you can. Never let go. 

Thanks for your message mate.

And your email @newfoundmass and @Snowfun - wonderful. If I don't get back or reply much in coming days, sorry in advance for that.

To all those with families affected by cancer, we will one day avenge it and eradicate it.

And if it helps play our part to do a sponsored camera challenge for a cancer charity, could be something to look into for EOSHD this winter, if I can pick myself up and get back to work.

• Administrators
On 9/29/2022 at 7:34 AM, ntblowz said:

That is sad to hear, cancer fu^king sucks, lost my dad to cancer, hope you and your family will go through this dark times

Sorry to hear. One day we will beat it and make it a tragic thing of history.