Panasonic GH4 footage shot with the EOSHD Shooter's Guide Cinema Settings

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

promo1-blog1-660x116.jpg

YouTube version

Music by Poplin via the >EOSHD Music Challenge

I've been trying some run & gun shooting with no rig, just a gorilla pod and GH4 all handheld.

In the process I developed three image profiles for the GH4 which I've assigned to the mode dial on my camera.

This is the first footage to show what the GH4 is capable of with the EOSHD Cinema profile.

Read the full article here

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I used the Sigma 24-105mm F4 and Tamron 24-70mm F2.8 on an as-yet to be revealed adapter.

SpeedBooster with OIS and all the bells and whistles is coming, I'm telling 'ya! This will be huge. It that case I might even sell some of my Samyang/Rokinon glass collection and get a Tamron 24-70. I bought the Samyangs only for the reason that I was not able to control Canon glass.

I love the colors I am seeing from the gh4... except the greens. It's like a crayon box with lots of different colors, and just three greens. Is this in my imagination, or am I really seeing something? I guess I would rather have the skin-tones saved, but still...

I'm assuming this is the new Metabones adapter for the GH4 that was rumored. Any ideas when it will be announced? I was planning to buy the Metabones Nikon G & F Lens to Micro Four Thirds Mount Camera Speed Booster. Would this new product make this purchase obsolete???

SpeedBooster with OIS and all the bells and whistles is coming, I'm telling 'ya! This will be huge. It that case I might even sell some of my Samyang/Rokinon glass collection and get a Tamron 24-70. I bought the Samyangs only for the reason that I was not able to control Canon glass.

Just to add to the on-going theory: If the adapter had OIS, why was Andrew using stabilized lenses? I do like the idea of OIS on speedbooster! Holy god primes!

Read between the lines guys... the photo which Andrew posted says it all...

P8000001b.jpg

Canon 5D MKIII on the left with the Tamron which andrew said he used on the GH4. EF > M43 mount speedbooster is round the corner, infact you can just about make it out on the GH4.

Beautiful music... I absolutely loved that track. This new vimeo music legislation could be great opportunity for some up and coming artist who are very worthy of exposure. Kudos to EOSHD for creating the EOSHD Music Challenge. A brilliant, engaging and empowering idea. Well done Andrew - bringing the community of creatives together on this forum is very much to be admired.

The resolution is fantastic. I'm still waiting to see what the A7s shows us, but the GH4 shows that it is absolutely "cinematic" enough for any pro to shoot a top notch commercial, music video or even feature. The technology is absolutely there at an affordable price. Whether it be the A7s, Gh4 or something else... very much looking forward to a new camera purchase in a few months... 

I really dont see these images as cinematic.

I think we're back in the "how to grade h264 to look like cinema" discussion again.

This blog convinced me that shooting 2x anamorphic raw in 4:3 ratio with my 5d3 was "the shit" and i still believe it,

Honest question: Why should I consider all this new buzz?

Detail? i can see its there, but is only noticeable when you do a 300% crop,

Dont get me wrong, i embrace 4k, but at the cost of going back to a lousy codec and poor bit depth... nope, ill pass.

I'm assuming this is the new Metabones adapter for the GH4 that was rumored. Any ideas when it will be announced? I was planning to buy the Metabones Nikon G & F Lens to Micro Four Thirds Mount Camera Speed Booster. Would this new product make this purchase obsolete???

Depends if you have lots of Nikon lenses or not.

It is not rumoured either.    Three months ago the man who designed the speedbooster optics said there would be a m43 to EF speedbooster soon.  

Read between the lines guys... the photo which Andrew posted says it all...

P8000001b.jpg

Canon 5D MKIII on the left with the Tamron which andrew said he used on the GH4. EF > M43 mount speedbooster is round the corner, infact you can just about make it out on the GH4.

The red dot on the adapter at the lens mount side was a great hint, but I could be wrong. But what most intrigues me is the little lever at the right on the adapter.

But when do you guys think such an adapter would be on sale?

I'm buying a GH4, and I want to get a Sigma 18-35 with it, but I don't want to have to buy one with a nikon mount and a nikon m43 speed booster, if a canon one is about to go on sale. 

But at the same time I can't wait for months for something that might not come, argggghhhhhh.

I just need a rough estimate of how long before it hits shelves, so I know if it's worth waiting or not before I start a new project.