GH4 crash problem

etidona

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The times my GH4 has crashed after saving the time lapse stills to a movie, non of the files were lost or corrupt. Just the same, I am going to avoid using the save-to-movie feature, as I can do that in post. 

I finally got a reply to my email inquiry from Panasonic, advising me to talk to phone support. Sadly, the person on the phone clearly was reading script "solutions" and had no knowledge of the GH4. Her "solution" was for me to send the camera in for "repair", requiring a two week minimum turnaround. This doesn't guarantee that they will actually fix what may be a design flaw. I was hoping to speak with someone who had technical knowledge, but the girl on the phone would not allow that. I guess that Panasonic treats the GH4 as a consumer product, and consumers don't have urgent needs like professionals who rely on their equipment. Thus, Panasonic isn't targeting the professional market.

I'm sorry, but even if I was able to reach an actual technician from almost any other camera repair facility and explained the problem I was having, I'd probably receive the same response (send it in, we'll have a look...). I don't believe any techician is going to be prepared to speculate about 'possible design flaws' of the camera. If the problem is with the 2-week turnaround, I consider that the industry norm. Now, if I were talking about an $80,000 camera, my expectations would be different. You are free to feel how you like, but to dismiss Panasonic based on one phone call seems a bit rash to me.

Jon - Thanks for your thoughts. When the industry norm defaults providing an RMA number instead of actually "support", I think we're in a bad place, regardless of the cost of the product. Many times, I have been able to resolve technical issues by speaking with the right people who had actual answers. 

Fortunately, internet user group forums often provide better "support" than what we receive from the manufacturers of the products we buy. I will continue to search for answers, and post any results I find. 

• 5 years later...

I am having this please wait message as well, however I get it when i push the wifi F1 button on top expecting to transfer photos and it will lock up and say please wait. The only way I can turn the message off is pop the battery out. I have no issue taking pics or video recording but yet it locks up. Is there a firmware update for the GH4 ?