GH4 crash problem

etidona

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This has happened to me half a dozen times with the GM1. I recently replaced the SD card, don't know yet whether that's the solution. It's a bitch, because it's intermittent, if I send to Panasonic in Hong Kong or Singapore, you can bet they won't find anything wrong with it.

yeah, this happens every now and then: I start recording, then trying to stop recording but it just freezes. Have to do a battery pull. Happened in 96fps and 4k mode, haven't tried others. Can't really see a pattern...

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Yup happened to me four-five times. But also notable, it happened with me quite a lot with Canon DSLRs also, especially the ones that came out after the 5d mk II/7D/t2i generation (mk III & 6D & 70d & t4i/t5i)

-The thing is these camera turn on almost instantanously so it doesn't bother me much even on paid shoots. It takes a couple of seconds to turn on again. And it never happens whilst recording or lose footage (for me) so I am fine with it

Happens alot shooting pictures burst mode for me. have the Sandisk 64gb 95MB/s U1. Not with lower spec'd 45MBs strangelu enough. Not experienced hang ups shooting 4K video at all. Use the 45MB card for 4K as well, no problems.

Yes indeed, I did think that, but I would never pick it for events or reportage, so I neglected to mention. I'd go with a 1080p camcorder like C100 or FS100 at least, just because they do it all without workarounds!

For the kind of stuff I'd use it for, more narrative and promo, I can't imagine it's a huge problem, but still quite a bummer. It doesn't inspire confidence...

Yep one thing is choosing the tool for the job another thing is feeling unsafe because something can crash. That makes the whole "hybrid" definition for this camera a nonsense for me.

What in the world does hybrid have to do with this topic? Crashes aren't something unique to hybrid cameras... At least my lowly GM1 has good company - the $7,000 Leica M Typ 240 ;)

• 3 weeks later...