GH2 Hack cant unlock SD-CARD

Mirrorkisser

Hi everyone,

today i got my new GH2. Now i am trying to apply the hack. I cant put the file on my SD-Card though. I tried several SD cards and it does not work. Gives me the message that the card is write protected.

My pc and the gh2 recognise the SD card. I can even format it with the gh2.

My SD-Card is the Sandisk extreme 32gig. I put the little switch on the card to unlock. Still it does not help. I can also not format it on my pc, gives me the message its write protected. Formating inside the camera works, but then for the pc its still write protected.

Any help highly appreciated, i really cant wait to use my gh2 and now i cant apply the damn firmware update and hack...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
This seems to be more of a problem with your computer/card reader rather than an SD Card problem. Given the fact that you tried numerous cards, and you recieve the same message, that's probably a computer hardware issue. Try using another computer.

Thank you for your reply! But i dont use a card reader. The SD card is in my camera, when i try to copy the file on it.

Could that be part of the issue? As i said i dont have a SD card reader...

cheers! help still highly appreciated! I want to use my new baby as soon as possible! :-)

well I think that means that the camera only allows for reading of the cards not writing to the cards. from Panasonic's point of view the user doesn't need that functionality as you only need to dump your cards and if you want to clear the card you can do that in the camera.

you should just get a card reader.

Well that cant be the problem either. As the GH2 hack installation guide tells you to copy the file on your SD-card. So technically this should work.

I also doubt, that my cards are malfunctional. They are brandnew and i can record movies on them perfectly.

My only idea is that formatting the SD card with the camera puts some weird software copy protection on it.

I am buying a new sd card by another brand tomorrow and will see, where that takes me.

Any other ideas are highly welcome!!

I always format the cards in the camera before I shoot and never have any problems with transferring data in either direction. I think its just the camera doesn't allow for the computer to write to the card you will have to do it through a card reader.

Thanks for your help Dustatron. I was on the road the past 2 hours trying all kinds of SD-Cards and other Cameras. Conclusion: No matter which pc i used, they could not write on the SD-Cards in the camera.

Then i found an old notebook with a SD-Card reader and that did the trick! I could write the firmware and hack on the card and it all worked fine after all.

Still it surprises me, that Panasonic limit the use of sd cards like that.

Anyhow, thank you very much and thank you everybody else who tried to help.

• 2 weeks later...