Sankor 16C adapting

AdrParkinson

Hello everyone. First post.

So I just found a 16C at a charity shop today for a bonkers low price and now I need to find a way to adapt it to my camera. I'm using a Canon 550d/T2i with a Pentax 50mm that has 49mm front threads. The 16C has threads on the back so I was wondering if it's possible to use a step ring to attach it or if I have to have a clamp like the ones from Vid-Atlantic.

Any information will be appreciated.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I had a look around. I did see on this forum a DIY adapter that looked like it might be a good cheap option. I don't have a lot of money to spend on gear. I've been fortunate enough to find some amazing bargains. At the same shop as this lens I also got two others (one being the Pentax I mentioned) and a fluid-head tripod. I suppose that in a way this has spoiled me in that I consider things such as the Vid-Atlantic clamps to be too expensive.

I would like to know how viable it is to use a step ring. In this thread here:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

It seems to work but there were concerns about durability.

I've read that with the 16C there are variations in the rear threads. I compared it to an M42 adapter of mine and it was smaller so I assume the threads are 40mm or so but I don't know if that's true. Can anyone confirm if there was a version with threads of that size?

Then you might want to buy a regular step down ring and just glue it to the back of the Sankor. That fits every budget, but it's a very poor solution, I'd say.

Yeah, I figured it isn't the best option, but I doubt I will be using it for crazy run and gun work, mostly tripod shots. Gluing it on sounds a little scary though.