Upgrade 120Mbps bitrate and 10-bit video on GoPro... 11

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

Don't pay attention to this tester conclusions but take a look on such comparative bitrate-wise coupled to bit depth at that night footage there:

It's better, but it's still really scraping the bottom of the barrel...

image.thumb.png.f7ef26600131e940c0055c17517cffe9.png

In that example it's mostly that there are slightly less colour shifts.

Hard to improve with that tiny sensor size form factor and current processing power coupled to obvious physical limitations but, any real increment such as this one is so sweet similar "je ne sais quoi", which looks like to me huge though. Anyways, not for everyone just for those cases you had unusuable outcome and now not anymore. Just sold my never unused units of the previous model to replace them with the 10-bit offer for further use this time :- )

I experienced another "overheating" test: I recorded an organ recital at 5.3K 10bit color for one straight hour in a hot church with no airflow, with the camera inert. The camera never shut down (of course, the screen turned off after a few minutes).

Here is an excerpt:

14 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Thanks for still reporting it : )

Are we able to set and switch off BOTH screens in the front and rear too?

No overheating on 4K 120fps end either?

The front goes off as a setting - ie, never on. The back turning off interval can be set, like after one minute.

I have not used 4K 120p for long intervals. For normal shooting 4K 120p did not overheat - short interval shots in a long session with the camera always on.

22 minutes ago, markr041 said:

The front goes off as a setting - ie, never on. The back turning off interval can be set, like after one minute.

What interval minimum? Seconds too?

I am willing to buy a couple of units for 3D production, so 4K 120fps will be the normal shooting... : ) I am wondering about, that is, I'd love for some testing as viable as possible :- )

7 hours ago, Emanuel said:

What interval minimum? Seconds too?

I am willing to buy a couple of units for 3D production, so 4K 120fps will be the normal shooting... : ) I am wondering about, that is, I'd love for some testing as viable as possible :- )

Why is 120p the normal frame-rate for 3D production?  Do you deliver in 120p?  or is there some sort of processing going on in post?  I'm curious.

2 hours ago, kye said:

Why is 120p the normal frame-rate for 3D production?  Do you deliver in 120p?  or is there some sort of processing going on in post?  I'm curious.

Not exactly 120fps but anything faster than 100fps, when there's no genlock devices, does the trick... : ) Once synched can be conformed to 25fps @post. GoPro's small form factor coupled to 10-bit offers the remainder part of the quotient :- )

There are a lot of new features and upgrades on the GoPro 11. The most significant upgrade is the increase in bitrate from 120Mbps to 240Mbps. This will allow for 10-bit color video and a smoother image, which is perfect for those who need to record high-quality videos.

This new camera also has an improved lens, which will help with low-light performance, as well as an improved sensor that can produce better quality images. There are also some cool new features like TimeWarp Video and SuperPhoto that make it easier to capture amazing photos. 

Hero 11 + Anamorphic Lens + ReelSteady in 10bit color and 180 Mbps:

The workflow: Shoot 5.3K 60P Wide 10bit color at 180 Mbps with 1.1 zoom, no stabilization. Then process in ReelSteady, which stretches and stabilizes. Then color grade and decompress more in Davinci Resolve. ReelSteady exports in Cineform 10bit 422 color in 5312x2320 at a very high bitrate so little loss.

Hero 11 Anamorphic_1.15.1.jpg

Hero 11 Anamorphic_1.5.1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

(I thought I had added) Still no glitches on 180Mbps at all? No lock up for every recording modes?

On 10/20/2022 at 7:50 PM, sofiabelle said:

There are a lot of new features and upgrades on the GoPro 11. The most significant upgrade is the increase in bitrate from 120Mbps to 240Mbps.

240 Mbps?

• 2 weeks later...