Upgrade 120Mbps bitrate and 10-bit video on GoPro... 11

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, Phil A said:

Direct comparison with the new DJI Action 3 from PotatoJet.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses but generally I feel like these are a pretty solid. DJI obviously very aggressive on pricing, which might steal a lot of potential GoPro customers.

The DJ1 is $329; the Hero 11 is $399 with FREE subscription. That price difference does not seem to be so significant given the very real advantages of the Hero 11.

The 120 Mbps bitrate (HEVC) and 10bit color are available for all modes.

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

@markr041 

No overheating issues going on that 180-200Mbps then?

4K 120fps too?

I was out in the sun for over three hours shooting that video without ever turning of the camera. No overheating, although most of the sots were around 10 seconds, some 30 seconds.

In this video I also used the upped Mbps, with longer shots of many minutes. Again, no overheating.

On 9/25/2022 at 12:03 AM, markr041 said:

GoPro labs enables upping the HEVC bitrate to 200 Mbps. So, 10bit color, 5.3K 60 fps, 180-200 Mbps.

The Labs firmware allows for 2 to 200Mbps arbitrary bitrate configuration. However at maximum 200Mbps, the camera can lock up at times.

It also works for previous generation Hero cameras as well.

2 hours ago, androidlad said:

The Labs firmware allows for 2 to 200Mbps arbitrary bitrate configuration. However at maximum 200Mbps, the camera can lock up at times.

It also works for previous generation Hero cameras as well.

Every frame rate at disposal?

13 minutes ago, markr041 said:

Yes, I retreated from the max 200 Mbps. But 180 Mbps worked with no glitches over many shots.

Have you tested @ 4K 120fps the 180Mbps bitrate too?

On 9/25/2022 at 7:03 AM, markr041 said:

GoPro labs enables upping the HEVC bitrate to 200 Mbps. So, 10bit color, 5.3K 60 fps, 180-200 Mbps.

Interesting stuff.

Pulling out a few select faces to look at detail and skintones etc....  bearing in mind these are all very small in the frame so these are blown up quite significantly.

From 2:04

image.png.6fa5009dce508dd1fc77b92c4579f733.png

image.png.7202e16534a928508ea9d9f5813edfc4.png

From 3:55

image.png.9fdf8011a1b6e02ada6911d43f772bc5.png

image.png.dd6f6bdebed60e29e948a2b59a7769eb.png

These are all excellent results!

Considering that the Prores tests of the iPhone 14 show that their implementation allows the Prores codec to do the best job yet of preserving the complete desecration that the iPhone performs on its image!

I must tell y'all I am quite surprised with the demand towards both of my GoPro Hero10 units... Seems these cameras are a good investment indeed because I never had so many people looking for:

Not exactly here but on local sales.

I think I can assume I will have the chance to upgrade my cameras every year, count on it guys, JFYI feel free to make it as safe business plan : P

I am selling them because of the new no-brainer 10-bit model, why else? ; )

@markr041 you could ask your commission from GoPro too for your promos : ) not because any shill hint here, on the contrary, because you've legitimately teased us with your tests and testimony, thank you! :- )