Hassie X2D

MrSMW

It has absolutely zero video capability so should not even be mentioned here, but what a thing of beauty. For a stills photographer.

https://www.hasselblad.com/x-system/x2d-100c/

Does anyone know where I could sell a kidney?

And the new lenses look superb…

The previous model lacked IBIS and a tilt screen, the latter very important to me and some might argue that 100mp is overkill, but with something like the new 38mm f2.5, the ability to crop is huge.

Others might say that now they are owned by DJI, they are not what they once were, but damn, this camera is lustworthy.

Can I justify one for all my photography needs (50% of my business) for the next 5 years…

And to conclude, no, it won’t make me a better photographer, but I am always chasing ultimate image quality (more for me than clients) and if the tools you use inspire you to ever greater creativity…

But then there is the same sensor Fuji GFX100S with the same sensor, cheaper and has descent video capability.

So much choice these days, stock issues aside…

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Most interesting of this camera is the media part -only one CFexpress Type B, and a massive 1Tb internal PCie SSD.

Connect the camera in the computer using it's USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 port, and file transfer is fast as hell, or use it as an external SSD and edit the files without transfer.

About the new resources (PDAF, IBIS), let's see the tests. One thing is implement PDAF and IBIS, other is implement it well.

Still in lust, 1 day 12 hours and 13 minutes after first clapping eyes on this beauty...

Struggling though to work out how I could swing it...

I could, but the compromise is just not something I think I could, or perhaps more importantly, should make.

If it had just 4k 50p, even if time limited, that would swing it.

But it doesn't and whilst my heart does get a say, it doesn't make the ultimate decision. Head does.

That super fast download internal SSD is great though.

Compared with the Zeiss camera which also has an internal SSD, this is sooooooo much nicer.