taking lens for 5D using sankor 16D

Cosimo murgolo

Hi everyone, I just bought a 5D and I was wondering about a taking lens that works best with my sankor 16D.

I already have a Soligor 135mm 3.5 M42 but I have noticed that it doesn't focus to infinity.

So without spending a fortune on canon L series lens do you have an alternative and good substitute?

Do you know anything about Asahi super takumar 50mm 1.4 lens   hitting the camera's mirror?

Thank you in advance.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi everyone, I just bought a 5D and I was wondering about a taking lens that works best with my sankor 16D.

I already have a Soligor 135mm 3.5 M42 but I have noticed that it doesn't focus to infinity.

So without spending a fortune on canon L series lens do you have an alternative and good substitute?

Do you know anything about Asahi super takumar 50mm 1.4 lens   hitting the camera's mirror?

Thank you in advance.

Failure to hit INF is a back focus issue. Sometimes the interaction of scope and lens messes with the back focus.

Your lens may have a spacer ring inside it which you could remove to get the back focus sorted. All Zeiss Jena lenses from the 60s have a spacer.

The Tair 11a 135mm f2.8 (preset aperture with 20 aperture blades) - awesome lens & fits anamorphics perfectly!

For M42 lenses & compatability with 5D, use this link:

http://www.panoramaplanet.de/comp/

Thanks Bishop as usually  I get good tips from you.

Is  the Tair 11a 135mm f2.8 a m42 attachment?

How much should I pay for one, and do you have any valid ebay link?

Failure to hit INF is a back focus issue. Sometimes the interaction of scope and lens messes with the back focus.

Your lens may have a spacer ring inside it which you could remove to get the back focus sorted. All Zeiss Jena lenses from the 60s have a spacer.

Thanks for the tip, could you recommend any tutorial online on how to remove the spacer ring?

cheers!!!

Thanks Bishop as usually  I get good tips from you.

Is  the Tair 11a 135mm f2.8 a m42 attachment?

How much should I pay for one, and do you have any valid ebay link?

Yes its an M42 lens.

Get the black one (not the silver) & pay around £150.

Also, with M42 lenses sometimes the adaptors allow the lens to go past infinity, so normally you need to turn it back a bit in order to get infinity - this maybe what you're experiencing.

Yes its an M42 lens.

Get the black one (not the silver) & pay around £150.

Also, with M42 lenses sometimes the adaptors allow the lens to go past infinity, so normally you need to turn it back a bit in order to get infinity - this maybe what you're experiencing.

Yes, I think you are right, so there is no need to remove the spacer ring, am I right?

I had no problem with the 60D, but anyway, I had look at the site for M42 compatability, it's a shame for the super takumar 50mm 1.4.

i might be bothering you for something else, if you don't mind of course.

Thanks for all the infos.

Yes, I think you are right, so there is no need to remove the spacer ring, am I right?

I had no problem with the 60D, but anyway, I had look at the site for M42 compatability, it's a shame for the super takumar 50mm 1.4.

i might be bothering you for something else, if you don't mind of course.

Thanks for all the infos.

The 55mm f1.8 is just as good & it doesn't hit the mirror - its also alot cheaper!

The Super Taks are great lenses, its just a pity that the wider they go the slower they get - but that shouldn't stop you, as they are cheap & excellent quality.