Seeking some GH4 clips

jgharding

I'm hunting for some original 4K (or UHD) GH4 rushes if anyone can help, straight from camera like.

Specifically I'd like a nice daylight lit portrait with some nice shadow on face and bokeh.

Something to try skintones, secondaries, shifts and hard grades and so on.

Can anybody help me?

I'm sure many would be interested to grade them too...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

JCS --

Can you try to shoot some material for the low end or near blacks? I'm really curious to see transitions in the very dark range. And I asked someone to hold up some color charts but they had already returned the camera. I wanted to figure out a LUT for it.

Or hey, more footage of chicks just standing around is cool too, have fun!

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

I did a quick test with my GH4, testing the histogram and zebras. You can download the original MOV file:

How did you find the Histogram and Zebras? Have no time to do a proper test. Are there any quirks or can I rely or them?

Both the Histogram and Zebras are in the menus.

The cool thing about the histogram display is you can also position it anywhere on the LCD.  Use the touch screen and put it anywhere.

Zebras are really good.  Zebra 1 is 80% warning, Zebra 2 is 100% warning.  Even with a little burnt highlights at Zebra 2 I can recover some.  In my video, you can tell there's one step at F16 right before F22.  At F16 zebras highlight the very edge of the clouds, yet I can recover hightlights well.  At F22, no zebra warning, everything within the histogram, but the image is darker.  Anyway, the zebras work very well, and the histogram is a lifesaver too.  I'm really loving the GH4 over the GH3!