Kowa 2x Bell&Howell lens compatibility

Policar

Shooting Super35 what lenses work with this?  What are the rear threads? How do they attach? Seems it should be compatible roughly with 52mm-threads w/ step up rings clamps but not sure where to get them.

Of my Nikon manual focus kit with 52mm threads (24mm to 135mm), which will cover Super35 (C100) without vignetting? Which will cover FF? I'm guessing cut off on APS-C will be around 50mm and 85mm on FF?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

My previous posts could answer that.

Might be my poor reading comprehension, but I couldn't find much on APS-C coverage with Bell&Howell... is it the same as the 16H? 

Is it easy to swap lenses if you have a lens support and series vii to 52mm step up ring? Want to switch ideally between 35mm to 135mm on APS-C, but wondering if I'm asking too much.

You can shot 50mm on FF, but you got a square raw image, then expend it to close 2:1(I use 1.875 most time) to restore to normal image.  Sorry, I don't shot video, not care/sure/tested flare and bokeh.  Please let others answer.

• 2 months later...

Forgive using this thread for this off topic question but I really can't find somewhere to post it. Perhaps i should start a new thread? (except i dont know where the 'start a new thread button is', they dont make it easy for you to find)

I am thinking that there is money to be made out there for someone who can come up with a really simple anamorphic clamp for the Kowa 16H, or Bell & Howell anamorphic lens (or other makes like bolex, sun, sankor, isco ect. etc.). It is this simple:

you get an adapter ring made that goes from your taking lens (49mm, 52,mm, 55mm or 62mm whatever) which screws directly on to the outside screw of the anamorphic lens. Now the only snag is this: you cant turn the lens around till you get the squeeze going in the right orientation, soooooo, what you do is use a lens that needs and adapter which can be rotated, for instance the M39 or M42 adapters have three small allen screws on the side than can be simply loosened so the whole lens can be spun around. This would not only ensure getting closer to your taking lens from the back of the anamorphic lens, but it would make things much easier and cheaper, buy three or four of these rings for $2 each (which is less than it costs for any adapter ring) and you have a load of lenses covered, including the famed Helios 2/58, Sears 55mm F1.4, Pentax super Takumars, Canon FD F1.4, Schidt Optiks, Yashica, and a whole bunch of other ones.......Any takers for why I may be talking crap?

The one thing i will say is that after finding out which lenses vignette on what sensors, you could look at what step up rings to get.

If you have a 52mm prime lens, and it need to be stepped up to 62mm depending on if you are using a Bell & Howell or a 16H/8Z, get onto ebay and order the right step up ring that steps it up in one ring. The alternative is to use a 52-55mm ring, then a 55-58mm ring, then a 58-62mm ring, by then you have used three rings instead of one, and your anamorphic lens will be one centimeter further away from your prime lens than it needs to be. They need to be as close as possible for best sharpness results. You can order 49-62mm step up rings on ebay, and also 52-62mm, there are also several others they may coma useful, it is always best policy to order more than you need as they are cheap, and if you dont get the right one you could be waiting for up to three weeks to get one. Better spend the extra couple of bucks to have them 'on the shelf'.