Lenses

Andrew Reid

Have been waiting on a Canon FD 50mm 1.4 that I picked up off eBay last week. In the meantime I found a Canon FD 35-70mm f4 zoom in excellent condition. Just tested it out and it seems like a nice little zoom. I know the 35-105 is supposed to be the best FD zoom but I didn't want the extra weight or size and this zoom was getting great reviews... even wide open.

Anybody have one?

Also, how is the 28mm 2.8, or the f2? I have read some conflicting reviews about the f2... Is it worth the extra hundred bucks?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Does anyone shoot with the Tamron 24-70 VC? What do you think of it? I am pondering whether to sell my current Nikon 24-70 and go for the Tamron 24-70 and 70-200 for the VC. I recently got the 24-120 for my D750 and discovered how good the VR can be.

Thanks alot for youre input guys especially Andy.

Like a lot of other members you made me buy the Tokina 28-70.

I auctioned it 5 mins ago fo 160€.

Please tell it was the right Angeniuex version.

Tokina AT-X 270 AF Pro 28-70 2.6-2.8, its the version with the very small sun hood.

Cant wait for it :)

edit: uploadet the picture :)

$_57.JPG

While we are busy talking about zoom lenses: I am looking for something that works on my A7s, should be in the 24-70+x reach, IS is a must have, i dont mind F4 on Fullframe, since this is enough DOF for me using this as run&gun.

I already own a Canon EF adapter and I am quite fond of my 35mm f2.0 IS Canon lens. So, especially since IS is a must for me, I think there are not many choices. I could go with a FE zoom made by Sony/ Zeiss, but i hate focus by wire. The only real candidate i see is the Canon EF 24-70 f4 IS. Reviews are stating that it is quite good. Anyone aware of an alternative that also includes IS? I would not mind it being APS-C, but then it needs to be a 2.8...

i got a Tamron 17mm 3.5 but the aperture wont work, does anyone know a shop in Germany that can repair those old lenses?

I called a few but they just saying: what adaptal 2? never heard about it -.-

While we are busy talking about zoom lenses: I am looking for something that works on my A7s, should be in the 24-70+x reach, IS is a must have, i dont mind F4 on Fullframe, since this is enough DOF for me using this as run&gun.

I already own a Canon EF adapter and I am quite fond of my 35mm f2.0 IS Canon lens. So, especially since IS is a must for me, I think there are not many choices. I could go with a FE zoom made by Sony/ Zeiss, but i hate focus by wire. The only real candidate i see is the Canon EF 24-70 f4 IS. Reviews are stating that it is quite good. Anyone aware of an alternative that also includes IS? I would not mind it being APS-C, but then it needs to be a 2.8...

​Sigma 24-105 os ART f4 is your perfect matcg

Question, what's the best bang for buck 300mm lens for EF out there with auto focus? I take a lot of stills also so having AF is probably better. I have the 70 - 200m f4 IS but want a longer lens?

​EF70-300L for sure, the king of the 70-300 lenses, no other competitor.  You can find comparison on http://www.dxomark.com/ ,  much shorter size than 70-200L.