Lenses

Andrew Reid

Will a century anamorphic lens with 58mm thread be compatible with a samyang fullframe 35mm lens on a Sony a7s?

I do have a A7s myself though no lens yet, only a 18-55mm lens i borrowed from my friend. However i dont know if its fullframe or not and i have to zoom to 24mm in order to not see the edges of the anamorphic lens. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Any good picks for a cheap E mount full frame lens? I'm waiting for the metabones adapter to arrive from Sony and just want to use the camera in the meantime. The 28-70 looks alright, anyone with any experience with it here?

The 28-70 FE is a nice lens.    One of the better kit lenses I think.   Stabilized, ok optically, fast AF (at least on the A7 in reasonable light).

I use it for stills though with a A7.    For video I have used FD lenses so far.    It would be ok for family type video I think but it is a variable kit zoom after all..

Hi guys,

what do you think about Carl Zeiss Tevidon 2/10? Does it make sense to buy this lens as a wide lens for m4/3 (Panasonic G6)?

Thanks a lot for your info!

it will vignette on a g6 quite badly -   Carl Zeiss Tevidon 25mm f1.4 does not vignette superb lens I use quite a bit - anything wider than 25mm will not work on g6

The 28-70 FE is a nice lens.    One of the better kit lenses I think.   Stabilized, ok optically, fast AF (at least on the A7 in reasonable light).

I use it for stills though with a A7.    For video I have used FD lenses so far.    It would be ok for family type video I think but it is a variable kit zoom after all..

Cheers for the help. It's only 300 AUD here so I think it may be worth a shot after all, have a feeling the 24-105 on the A7s body may unbalance it quite dramatically as well.

Andy have you any experience with stacking CPL's on top of the tiffen NDs?

yes I have done alot that mainly if I'm wanting to reduce glare reflection on glass - car windows , building windows etc

I shot some scenes in LA earlier this year where the actor was in car and in bright daylight reflecting off the windscreen ,

The CPL stopped the glare reflections the NDs kept the exposure correct....be aware the CPL will also act as an ND and reduce the exposure on top of your NDs , so adjust for that if necessary

bluefonia

which Samyang do you want to buy 12mm F2 or 12mm CINE T2.2? Which is better for G6?

For several reasons I have ordered the F2. I already have have good  rings for follow focus (most times I even prefer to perform focus shifts by hand), none of my other lenses have T-stops, declicking the aperture yourself on a Samyang is very easy and last, - but not least, - it is  â‚¬65-70 cheeper than the Cine-version.

Hi everyone,

I bought a canon 5dm2 recently and planning to buy lens for it. Im considering between canon ef 24-70 f/2.8L II and canon ef 24-105 f/4 IS USM.
It will be the first lens and me and some friends will want to start filming stuff with it.
Any advice on the choice?. Im thinking canon 24-105 for the price and IS, but 24-70 has better f/.
Can you really feel the difference made by IS on 24-105, or is it minimal and i should prefer the beter f/?

suppose you are not using anamorphic lens? right?

http://www.zyoptics.net/

). Pre-order will start in the end of Sept in our official website. The recommended retail price of 42.5mm f/1.2 will be at

USD 359 and

24mm f/1.7 will be at

USD 289

. Both lenses are priced at a highly affordable price to make these excellent lenses available for every mirrorless camera user.

~ http://www.zyoptics.net/uncategorized/zhongyi-optics-announces-pricing-availability-of-two-new-lenses-for-mirrorless-cameras/ Nice! :D

Through Vitaly (Personal-View) I ordered the RJ Lens Turbo (Nikon F/G -> M43), but shipping is taking forever (2 months and counting) unfortunately.

- Ah wait, I just checked the tracking status after posting this, seems like the postal service must have found it laying somewhere as after all these weeks it finally says 'Departure from outward office of exchange'. So there's still hope, yay. -

For now I only have the Nikon mount 11-16mm f/2.8 Tokina, but it would be nice to add the 18-35mm f/1.8 Sigma to the mix.

Anyways. The sample pictures look pretty good and I have a thing for full manual glass (pristine condition vintage/legacy, or stuff like this) anyways.

Surely the 42.5mm f/1.2 won't be as good as Panaleica's version, but approaching the look for a fraction of the costs is pretty interesting.

The 20mm - to - 25mm range with f/1.7 is pretty much covered already I believe. We have the Pana 20mm f/1.7 pancake and the 25mm f/1.8 Olympus prime. Then there's the SLR Magic or Voigtlander offering of 25mm's. So I'm not sure if that's really necessary, but it's always nice to have an abundance of choice than lack thereof. :P