Lenses

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
31 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Not a fan of that first shot in the forest but all the stuff by the water was breathtaking

Personally I don't like the aesthetic of these lenses at all, the Helios or this one, anything with directional distortions in the corners (either blurring around the centre or towards it) but I think it's different for stills photographers as that's a different vibe.  But it's a taste thing and there are no wrong answers, so... :) 

What would you shoot with such a lens?

Just now, kye said:

Personally I don't like the aesthetic of these lenses at all, the Helios or this one, anything with directional distortions in the corners (either blurring around the centre or towards it) but I think it's different for stills photographers as that's a different vibe.  But it's a taste thing and there are no wrong answers, so... :) 

What would you shoot with such a lens?

It would definitely be very project dependent and only work for something pretty specific. Potentially a dream sequence or a shot trying to demonstrate someone's isolation, possibly trying to create an other worldly look. 

For whatever reason I am not a fan of this type of look for photos, but it looks really cool in video. 

2 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

It would definitely be very project dependent and only work for something pretty specific. Potentially a dream sequence or a shot trying to demonstrate someone's isolation, possibly trying to create an other worldly look. 

For whatever reason I am not a fan of this type of look for photos, but it looks really cool in video. 

lol about differing options on photo vs video with these things!

I totally agree about dream sequences or other-worldy feel, that's definitely the vibe it has.  To me the photos you see with these are always models in nature which has a positive/enticing feeling, whereas I think they might better suit a distorted / closing-in / claustrophobia / descent-into-madness kind of vibe.  Make all the trees rotting fast jump-cuts for confusion dark music and grim/awful colour palette and you're there with a strong aesthetic.

1 hour ago, Avenger 2.0 said:

Just love my new Tokina 28-70mm f2.8 (Angenieux). Have the EF model with AF and unfortunately no aperture ring, but it still works great with last canon mirrorless (unlike the old tamron/sigma lenses that frequently have problems)!

there should be an eoshd owners club ?

1 minute ago, Cinegain said:

Or a bingo evening.

'Sooo, who's got the following...' ?

Hope it's not a drinking game additionally. I might end up dead.

there's a video challenge right there something along the lines of a sing along, you know... 99 bottles sitting on a wall . Plus you can always mix more water with it ?

9 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

@thephoenix would love to see the shortfilm! Great image. Makes me curious. How do you like the Tokina? Is it working well enough at 3.5?  How do you like the XT3?

i'am done with shooting so will start post production in a few days, next week i hope but i have another projet to finish first.

tokina is great to shoot with, image quality i don't really know yet as it was my first filming with it. the image you saw is full aperture.

the short was filmed with the tokina and also the canon 28mm 2.8is, will see how different they are.

xt3 is a fantastic camera, so many features for such a fair price.