Lenses

Andrew Reid

9 hours ago, mercer said:

This shot is with the Zeiss 25mm 2.8. I posted a similar shot a while ago that was taken with my Canon 28mm 1.8...

22BA7E8A-0CDD-4047-9298-30F08A4606DE.jpeg

4 hours ago, mercer said:

I think I may have posted this in my old “Midtone Detail” thread. I don’t really love the grade from either so it may be hard to tell any characteristics. But have it. 

2B796DB0-D4F7-4004-B554-1D9BEEDD55E6.jpeg

I'm noticing a bunch of stuff, but it's hard to know what the lens is contributing vs the other variables.

The Zeiss shot has a slightly greener tone overall, seems to have slightly less contrast.  Any contemplations of comparing sharpness went with the movement blur.  Out-of-focus areas seem similar.  The Canon in a way seems wider, but I suspect that's the composition of the frames as the Zeiss shot has things front-to-back and the Canon has things side-to-side.

Interesting comparison though ???

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@kye good eye, yeah they are hard to compare. Both were shot wide open and the Canon is about a stop and a half faster. The Zeiss definitely has less contrast and is only a single coated lens. The WB is definitely different so, that would probably lend to the greener tint with the Zeiss. Also the Canon “test” was shot right after the Summer, so my actor was tanner, lending to his darker skin, which was near impossible to lighten. 

Motion blur aside, the Zeiss is probably a sharper lens than the Canon, which is crazy considering the Zeiss is probably 30 years older but that Canon lens has character for days.

8 minutes ago, JordanWright said:

That lens has replaced all of my other lenses. It has fantastic character, You'll enjoy it! 

i am pretty amazed by the af, i thought it would be crap due to its old age but it is pretty smooth even if i mainly will use it manual focus

1 minute ago, thephoenix said:

i also have the tokina 17mm didn't try it yet

will use it on my xt3, and someday on the bmpcc4k

Yeah it'll be nice on my BMPCC + speedbooster. About a 21mm APSC equivalent. It'll be like an 8mm lens on my Fuj with speedbooster, which will be cool. The widest I've ever shot is 14mm. 

Hey everyone!

I'm tempted to buy a SLR Magic Anamorphot adapter, but I don't really understand the differences between the 40/50/65 adapter. Is there something like a list of compatible lenses for the different models? I'll probably gonna buy the cheaper one (40) but I'm not sure about the lens compatibility or what kind of lens should I use.

1 hour ago, Coiii said:

Hey everyone!

I'm tempted to buy a SLR Magic Anamorphot adapter, but I don't really understand the differences between the 40/50/65 adapter. Is there something like a list of compatible lenses for the different models? I'll probably gonna buy the cheaper one (40) but I'm not sure about the lens compatibility or what kind of lens should I use.

+ 1   the 40/50/60 thing has me confused too.  i think it has something to do with the rear thread size but not quite sure. could be totally wrong however sure someone will correct me shortly :)

15 hours ago, thephoenix said:

got myself a little gift today

20190220_154916.thumb.jpg.6dac3979bf28d19630d3a025b378d13f.jpg20190220_154855.thumb.jpg.cbef46fd39047815ed469b0c2b50d16e.jpg

nice lens. i have been looking around for a while for one as well. from what i have read the mark one and mark two are the ones too buy. your looks to be mark two with the bayonet fitting. the mark ones had a 77 screw in thread according to the thread over in bmuser