Lenses

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 9/14/2018 at 1:21 AM, anonim said:

Sadly, I don't quite understand this sentence, it has to be my English... I mean, of course those are all my own words, why to suppose I'm quoting you? I'm just little bit curious about Sony + Veydra combination if it is possible...

Because, looking carefully thread about A7III I've noticed some glorious photo-shots, but all video examples - except, most closely, one of yours made with Distagon lens - didn't repeat - to my eyes at least - that quality... that, contrary, I find mostly preserved, say, in your qouted shot with Veydra...

(Actually, one of the aspect that greatly attracts me with modern cameras is possibility to reproduce, to the great extent, color subtlеty of old-master-works... if that quality is, moreover, achieved in moving pictures, it makes, first, great aesthetic pleasure to me, and second, stimulative thinking foundation in comparing past and future... say, original Rembrandt with modern shooting-montage achievement - which you touch with shot of young man with scarf...

blob.png.260f0f7132eb90e9b862ea4c44b65a52.png

Somebody has dozen aliases in EOSHD? It is really marvelous case, one of the great pluses for I'm finding so much extra funny here  :)

Or somebody makes dozen aliases to up number of downvoting :) It is even better! 

If you even bothered to double check, which apparently you did not, you quoted me then inserted your own words so it looks as though they are my own. 

Also, if you had read what I wrote, I said someone here was using aliases to downvote my YouTube videos. I did not say they were using those aliases on this site, as I’ve got no way to verify that. In any case, I don’t find anything humorous about it at all.

If you compare apples to apples, the recent Sony shots at the post office look every bit as good to me as the GH5. 

The Veydras will work with the a7 III in crop mode.

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

If you even bothered to double check, which apparently you did not, you quoted me then inserted your own words so it looks as though they are my own. 

Oh, yes, I see finally - you are right, I quoted just your provided image, than add my question-comment - I supposed because your original following comment was not quite exactly what I was referring to, it was more global qualities of camera and used lenses.

In any case, I don’t find anything humorous about it at all.

Sorry to hear so, than it really must be - regarding sensibility about related topic - as salt on the wound.... But you wrote earlier about case: "Funny you should mention the Veydras, because one of our very own esteemed forum members, under the guise of a dozen aliases, has gone to the trouble to dislike every one of those videos on my YT channel around ten times, as well as a bunch of other tests I’ve done with other lenses..." - I mean, you used word "Funny", so I mistakenly take it on more relax manner (or little bit humorous) as your own...  

I did not say they were using those aliases on this site, as I’ve got no way to verify that.

Again, you are right - I was just by my mistake mislead with construction of sentence: first "every one of those videos on my YT channel" (so I thought "those videos" means "videos on YT channel in general" not being specified to Veydra as "those"?), than "as well as a bunch of other tests", which drive me to mistaken conclusion that "other tests" maybe refers to tests posted in this forum...

The Veydras will work with the a7 III in crop mode.

Than it maybe could be interesting to make and then - as always - generously post some examples with that combination... if it not sounds too much as provocation  :) Besides, as you wrote "If you compare apples to apples"... maybe "apples to apples", in topic of my interest about Veydras behavior on different cameras/sensors, could most precisely mean exactly that?

Pity a little bit - those Veydras look so extraordinaire in your tests ... Of course, there are so many other solutions, but because of their rare truly cinema-construction/quality from bottom to up (as also because of affordability) they are extremely attractive to me as defining decision/choice factor... (I mean, probably wrongly, I found that it is more important to me to first choose lens, then camera that is compatible with it :)

Maybe it deserves own thread-question - especially regarding proliferation of camera's options and extremely vehement discussions: what more informed users think about proportion/contribution of camera and lens in resulted image quality? And if lenses are more important by high margin, why so  much "positive histery" about as-universal-panacea-quality of any single camera (and mount and sensor size etc.) that appears in market?

My favorite case that I yet to become worthy in knowledge (and, sadly, time to achieve): https://www.eoshd.com/2013/05/gh2-shot-sci-fi-upstream-color-breaks-300000-mark-at-the-us-box-office/

Is there anyone here with the GH5 / GH4 that shoots with the Sigma 18-35 on a (Canon) Speedbooster and can tell me something about the autofocus when taking stills?

Is it accurate? And is which mode is it working the best? Would I be able to trust it for shooting stills?

I shoot with the Nikon version of this setup now, thinking I would never need to shoot stills, but since recently I get asked a lot to shoot stills. And I love this lens / combo.

Anyone who has tested it or could test it for me? Thanks!

Looks like all Veydra lenses are backordered at B&H and Duclos is sold out of several of them. Will Veydra perish or survive? Anyone here own a set?

Always loved the look, but never purchased because for video lenses I didn't want to get stuck with lenses that only worked for a smaller than full frame sensor size and were essentially unadaptable to other mounts.

I have the Veydra 19, 25, 35, and 50.  I'm hoping to round out the set with an 85. 

If you are shooting Micro 4/3, I don't think anything else has the same cinema features for the money.  To me, the next step up would be Tokina Cinema Vista Vision at 5-7X the price.

I do have other glass from Panasonic, Olympus, SLRmagic, and Canon FD.  Each has their own place when shooting.  

On 9/20/2018 at 10:32 AM, KC Kelly said:

I have the Veydra 19, 25, 35, and 50.  I'm hoping to round out the set with an 85. 

If you are shooting Micro 4/3, I don't think anything else has the same cinema features for the money.  To me, the next step up would be Tokina Cinema Vista Vision at 5-7X the price.

I do have other glass from Panasonic, Olympus, SLRmagic, and Canon FD.  Each has their own place when shooting.  

The 85mm is my favorite.

OH WHOOPS! Ignore my late night typos just before I fall asleep.... a 25-250mm would be a BEAST of a lens! ha

But nah, I meant of course their mid range zoom of 25mm to 100mm

Because.... Finally! An affordable mid range zoom for PL mount?

But no pricing indication. 

As it is from Venus Optics it has got to be "cheap"  

If it is US$1K then I'd buy it!! But probably more like US$3K is my guess 

Which if I was still camera dept focused, then I'd probably do it? But no way I could justify that now 

I've noticed URSA Mini 4.6K PL  (NOT Pro) sells for a lot cheaper than the EF version

Exactly because of this cost factor of PL lenses

But I reckon if you pair it with this lens plus a Chinese converted Sigma 18-35mm (the f1.8 then has you covered for low light, & the 18mm has you covered for wiiide. The two areas this lens lacks) you'd be sorted

Although of course here I am talking with my business hat on rather than my artist hat

We don't even know how the lens looks yet

Just I know 25-100mm T2.9 lightweight zoom would be hella practical for many low to mid level budget shoots

Even TV series shoot (with budgets per hour far higher than I've ever managed as DP!) on zooms! Because it is what is economical

And it is on exactly zoom ranges like this. Perhaps with something like a 16-40mm Optimo on the other camera.  You'd do 16mm and 25mm for the wide establishments , then punch in to 40mm and 80mm for the close up coverage