Lenses

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Please recommend to me a parfocal zoom.

I currently use a GH5 with Metabones 0.64XL Speedbooster 
and either my Canon 24-105 f4, or my Sigma Art 18-35 f1.8.
Neither of those stay focused when zoomed.
Are either the Sigma Art 24-105 or the Sigma Art 12-14 parfocal?

Are any of the m43 zooms parfocal?

Apparently, the Fujinon 80mm f/2.8 macro is another spectacular lens from Fuji. Lenstip just had reservations about huge vignetting and a pretty large discrepancy in resolution between the center and edges, not that it’s bad (it’s incredible!), but for a macro device, and given its size and weight, they expected there to be no compromises. Since I’ve already got the 90mm f/2 and I haven’t shot with the Fuji in a long while, I won’t be rushing out to buy one. But I imagine this is going to be a tremendously popular lens.

New videos with the Sony version of the Sigma f1.4, it looks awesome to me again. Looks sharper (at least in the corners) and less CA compared to the PL15mm and much less perspective distortion compared to the PL12mm. https://youtu.be/kwz18qjjhgk and in the 2nd one there are comparisons to 2 Sony lenses. The Sigma has amazing edge sharpness at f1.4... 

I'm not posting in the anamorphic thread any longer because of the hostility I'm getting there, but Tito Ferradans mentions the Atlas lenses in his latest video, and he's as excited about them as I am.There's no way I'm going to have one shipped to Vietnam, but if they're going to be at any trade shows in Asia next year, I'll be sure to attend.

First impressions of the Tokina 28-70 2.6-2.8: Build quality is great however the zoom ring is slightly harder to turn on the wide end. The images are really nice, its not as sharp as the Sigma 18-35 wide open but it not far off. The Tokina renders slightly warmer and appears to have more distortion however I think that the Tokina's images look more pleasing than the Sigma's

@Geoff CB dang that looks nice. I’ve been eyeballing this lens for a while now and the 40mm... lol... and the 20mm.

I was originally looking at the Zeiss ZF lenses but for a mini set, the prices are kinda all over the place on eBay. Where as the Voigts seem to sell at a price point I’m more comfortable with. 

Is this a screengrab from your Sony?

1 minute ago, mercer said:

@Geoff CB dang that looks nice. I’ve been eyeballing this lens for a while now and the 40mm... lol... and the 20mm.

I was originally looking at the Zeiss ZF lenses but for a mini set, the prices are kinda all over the place on eBay. Where as the Voigts seem to sell at a price point I’m more comfortable with. 

Is this a screengrab from your Sony?

Yeah A7rII video in Super 35. Love my voigtlanders, and it is pretty nice that they all cost ~$500