Lenses

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On September 5, 2016 at 4:28 AM, hempo22 said:

Two more with the Zeiss 12-120mm T2.4 on the Digital Bolex, this time indoors. The wide shot is with the Aspheron wide angle attachment (6,6mm!). ISO 400, T4, 172.8 degree shutter at 2k24p.

Nice stuff hempo, is your zeiss modified for super 16? That lens and wide angle adapter is a nice piece of kit!! Would love to film with a digital bolex and some of my 16mm glass one day. I was looking at used D16s right before the company stopped producing cameras and have been having trouble finding any used listings.  

Here's a short I just shot with the Angenieux 15-150 on a GH4 

2 hours ago, freeman said:

Nice stuff hempo, is your zeiss modified for super 16? That lens and wide angle adapter is a nice piece of kit!! Would love to film with a digital bolex and some of my 16mm glass one day. I was looking at used D16s right before the company stopped producing cameras and have been having trouble finding any used listings.

Yes, Optex s16 mod. I was lucky enough to get this D16 when they cleared out!

@kidzrevil do you want the contax 35 f1.4 for video only ? or for still and videos?...the reason is I have the 35 f1.4 and I can tell you is a big and heavy lens, don't get me wrong it is wonderful, my best lens, but for video only the 2.8 versions are better, small and have the zeiss character...I used to have the hollywood too, another stellar one, I loved it but had to sell it, the 35 f1.4 is expensive too, more than the hollywood. 

On 9/6/2016 at 4:11 PM, freeman said:

Here's a short I just shot with the Angenieux 15-150 on a GH4 

That was one of the most beautiful and enjoyable studio videos I've seen in recent memory, that lens has such an amazing character, and your grade + shots are lovely. Great work, I'm inspired.

1 hour ago, Gregormannschaft said:

That was one of the most beautiful and enjoyable studio videos I've seen in recent memory, that lens has such an amazing character, and your grade + shots are lovely. Great work, I'm inspired.

Thanks so much Gregor!! It was produced in conjunction with a local city newspaper and they loved it as well, so more will be done in the future!

On 9/6/2016 at 2:00 PM, kidzrevil said:

@tigerbengal no worries, I dont care about weight unless we are talking the damn near 2 pound zeiss milvus 85mm lol. Is your 35mm f1.4 in good condition ? My 28mm is in great condition PM me please

sorry my friend, I wasn't trying to sell or exchange my 35 f1.4, I just wanted to let you now the lens weight before you buy it....you can find those on ebay.

Hi guys,

I use Panasonic G6 (m4/3) and now I am looking for a wide angle and very fast lens (I shoot in bad light situations in a big garage).

I make on a car restoration project and the widest lens I have is Panasonic pancake 14mm F 2,5 but it seems that this lens is not wide enough especially if I shoot inside of a car and even if I want to shoot the whole car from my jib.

The best lens I have found is Voigtlander Nokton 10.5mm f/0.95 with almost no distortion but the price is 1099 USD...

Please what would you recommend istead of this nice lens? I thik that Sigma 18-35 F1,8 with Metabones speedbooster XL is the only solution (still not as wide as Voig.) but it would cost even more than the Voigtlander and also the weight is too much to use it for hand-held gimbal...

Thank you!

56 minutes ago, cantsin said:

Samyang 12mm/2.0 MFT, an excellent affordable lens.

Yes I was thinking about is, but do you think that thare is not much difference between 10,5 and 12mm?

Also Voigh is one stop faster but if GH5 will be a stop better than GH4 there will be almost no difference.

Well... concerning somewhat wide lenses... to throw a couple more in the mix... The 15mm f/1.7 Panaleica (that DJI uses as kitlens) is still something I'd like to get myself! Olympus still has the pretty mean 12mm f/2. Kowa does a 12mm, so does SLR Magic, but I can't remember if these two were any good. Veydra has a 12 and 16mm. If you were to shoot BMPCC... the Kiev-16U 12.5mm f/2 or Zenit Optar S16 might just do the trick?