Lenses

Andrew Reid

What do you mean, redesigned?

I think they've only announced doing the C/Y and OM to M4/3 like three weeks ago... http://stkb.co.jp/info/?p=2949 . To my knowledge they just follow the adapter types for EOS and M43 that were out earlier ( http://stkb.co.jp/info/?p=2446 ) and don't see how there would be a redesign already? If you have more info about that, I'm eager to learn about it! Thanks.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
57 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

What do you mean, redesigned?

I think they've only announced doing the C/Y and OM to M4/3 like three weeks ago... http://stkb.co.jp/info/?p=2949 . To my knowledge they just follow the adapter types for EOS and M43 that were out earlier ( http://stkb.co.jp/info/?p=2446 ) and don't see how there would be a redesign already? If you have more info about that, I'm eager to learn about it! Thanks.

I think I got it wrong, the new ones just added autofocus. But honestly, after seeing the samples from other other mounts, I think it sucks badtime (horrible corners starting very soon from the center), I really hope the mediumformat one won't be that bad :(

the trick with the Zeiss C/Y lenses is buy the f2.8 lenses put them on your Metabones speedbooster and they are f2 - and hugely cheaper than just buying an f2 version ....save your self alot of money ! the speedbooster makes them sharper too!!..... bingo!!

my set is 25mm 28mm 35mm 45mm 50mm 85mm 135mm all f2.8 except the 50mm which is the 50mm f1.7 Planar

Yes, I have been eyeing the D5500 for awhile because I would like to start doing some stills, but one of the drawbacks has always been that I like to have lens options. Then I saw that OM lenses will work on a Nikon if you change the mount. You can get them on eBay for 20 bucks. 

Amen brother. Haven't picked up the D5300 in a while now. I'd rather work a bit more on getting MFT right, than dealing with the D5300's quirks and underwhelming features. Although... that A6300 already has that S35 we're talking about the GH5 should have and has just about all the mirrorless features you could ask for. Even adapts M43 glass... that does spike the interest...

Regarding the FF38 from DSO I found this rather interesting piece of explanation:

Also, the FF38 provides macro capability - allowing Leica M or L39 lenses to focus as close as 25cm/10".

Assume i use leica M glass, how does this work? Does tit mean that I loose infinity focus to get those macro capabilities? Because technically speaking, the FF38 is "just" a converter, there are no moving parts to adjust focus or sth like that? Or am I wrong?

33 minutes ago, jase said:

Regarding the FF38 from DSO I found this rather interesting piece of explanation:

Assume i use leica M glass, how does this work? Does tit mean that I loose infinity focus to get those macro capabilities? Because technically speaking, the FF38 is "just" a converter, there are no moving parts to adjust focus or sth like that? Or am I wrong?

Wideangle adapters let you focus very close and you don't loose infinity, but I wouldn't call it "macro".

But remember that when you put the wideangle in front, you get more fov, so in the end you end up with almost the same magnification.

I have a schneider wideangle adapter, and it only works fine on wideangle lenses 35mm downwards, at 35mm it's still noticeably soft wideopen, with 28mm it's not that big of a deal. Unusable on 50mm unless you stop down to f5.6-f8. But with leica-m lenses it might be a problem to use the 35mm because it's simmetrical, and depending on the design of the wideangle adapter, it might be as worthless as using the schneider on a 50mm.