Lenses

Andrew Reid

Got the Samyang/Rokinon/Walimex/Whatnot 100 2.8 Macro, really sweet lens. Tried a bit of video too with the spider, but it's really hard to keep focus in macro range. Thinking about getting the VDSLR version instead which has more focus throw. However, the lens breathes heavily and might not be for every situation.

Stills shot with Nikon D800, might put something together in terms of the NX1 spider video later on. :P

Benchmarking-Reality-sm.jpg

Berrybearer-crop-sm.jpg

Frostmother-sm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi Guys,

I have Tokina ATX PRO 28-70 F2,6 bayonet Nikon AiS connected with Panasonic G6 by + Zhyongi speedbooster (AiS to M4/3) Now I am thinking about wider lens Tokina 11-16mm F 2,8.

Is it possible to connect Tokina 11-16mm with my AiS Zhyongi speedbooster?

My be someday I will buy Metabones EF Speed Booster XL which Tokina mount should I buy?

Tahanx for your reply! :-)

Hi Guys,

I have Tokina ATX PRO 28-70 F2,6 bayonet Nikon AiS connected with Panasonic G6 by + Zhyongi speedbooster (AiS to M4/3) Now I am thinking about wider lens Tokina 11-16mm F 2,8.

Is it possible to connect Tokina 11-16mm with my AiS Zhyongi speedbooster?

My be someday I will buy Metabones EF Speed Booster XL which Tokina mount should I buy?

Tahanx for your reply! :-)

​no you will not be able to change aperture on the zhyongi. but i recommend getting nikon mount

​So it means that if I buy Tokina 11-16mm with Nikon F mount then buy adapter Nikon F to Nikon AiS (I hope it exists) it is possible to connect with my Zhyongi speedbooster (AiS to M4/3)?

​Nikon Ai, Ai-s, F and G lenses are all actually the same mount. Just work in different ways.

G lenses don't have an aperture ring and so your adapter will have to have an aperture lever built in. I don't think the Zhyongi has it but the Camdiox and Metabones does.

Not if you get it with a Nikon mount. 

​So it means that if I buy Tokina 11-16mm with Nikon F mount then buy adapter Nikon F to Nikon AiS (I hope it exists) it is possible to connect with my Zhyongi speedbooster (AiS to M4/3)?

The only way to get a nikon g lens working on a zhyongi speedbooster is if you get the canon version and get a nikon g to canon adapter with an aperture lever. 

Did a quick test with my $12 Zeiss. Haven't used it but might need it this weekend for a little project so I took it for a quick walk.

And yes, this is text book boring leaves, flowers and pet footage. 

Nice lens. The bokeh on that 2.8 blows my mind. I have two of these, the same version you have and an older model that has a little silver on it with a nubby rubber grip. I think I paid 50 each and both of them have aperture problems. I think there's something wrong with the pin. I also have the 35mm f2.4, which I got for a steal. It was recently cleaned and declicked... Which is nice. I'm thinking about having the 50mm 2.8 declicked too, if I can find someone to do it for a reasonable price. I'd love to get the 20mm 2.8 or f4 but I can't justify the price right now.