Lenses

Andrew Reid

Thanx to Andy Lee this is my new beast lenses Tokina 28-70mm f2.6-2.8 AT-X Pro II + Zhongyi Turbo :-)

obrázek.JPG

​glad you like it , with the speedbooster it is a f2 monster! the look full wide open is superb - thats how I use mine ,  stack your NDs to keep fully wide open outside

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

New Lens recomended to try out

as you all know I do like the Tokina/Angenieux  28-70mm and the Nikon 28-70mm 'Bourne Lens' and I'm pleased alot of you have bought them and found them to be superb lenses.

I was shooting a pop video for Rozalla last month using the Nikons and as I was shoooting with 3 cameras I wanted total glass parity so it all matched up look wise in the edit.

So 2 cameras had the Nikon 28-70mm F2.8 IF EDs on them and I bought a Nikon 35-70mm F3.5 AI for the 3rd camera.....

WHAT A LENS ! it matches the bigger Nikons exactly , colours blacks etc and it is very very good and cheap on ebay.

I used it on a speedbooster so its f2.8 and looks great

It has clicks on the apperture at f3.5 and f4

f3.5 is a midges softer fully wide open but a f4 it tightens up alot , so I used it at f4 on the speedbooster = f2.8

This is a late 1970s early 1980s lens and is built like a tank all metal , fully internal zoom and the focus only moves the end of the lens about 1cm forward

72mm front end for filters

But the glass is stunning ! the full Nikon 'Bourne ' look we all love and it edits in exactly with your bigger Nikon Bourne lenses the 28-70mm and the 80-200mm

Its smaller and lighter than its big brothers but packs the same punch .......I highly recomend this great lens

Andy

Any good ideas on how I should kit some old m42 lenses with filters? I have a Helios 44-2 (49mm filter size) and some Petri lenses (55mm 1.8, 135mm 2.8, 35mm 2.8) which seem to be 52mm, 58mm, and 55mm in filter size. A Takumar 28mm 3.5 SMC (looks to be 49mm filter size), and a Raynox 35mm 2.8 (52mm).

Will 3 step-up rings from 49mm, 52mm and 55mm to 58mm work just fine or should I not bother? Thanks.

​step rings work just fine and they are cheap on ebay - it works

So, after using my Minolta MC lenses, I decided to thin some of the herd. I went through my lenses and came across a non-ai K version of the 35mm 2.8 that's in mint condition. I think I paid a total of 40 bucks for it. I tested it the other day and liked the color rendition. So I decided to bid on a couple other non-ai Nikkors. I ended up winning a 24mm 2.8 K version and a 50mm f2 K version. Has anyone had any experiences with either of these lenses or any recommendations for other non-ai Nikkors?

I prefer the rubber focus ring versions because I have found the older scalloped ring Nikkors have very dry focus rings. I have a couple samples of the 50mm HC f2s that have zero dampening. 

my opticaly favorite lens that I own is tokina rmc 70-200 f4. it`s just such a lovely image, low contrast a bit pastel colours...imagine a LOG lens. Next week I hopefully get a tokina 60-150 f2.8, and I will see if that becomes my new go to tele lens. I love the look they give, but I need to figure out how to lock it at a certain focal lenght, so I can use a follow focus with it.

Anyway, it`s a nice lens with a "look", but I`m having hard time finding a wide angle partner for it. 28-70 could be it, but harder to find here. theres plenty of the 28-70 atx, but costs more.

my opticaly favorite lens that I own is tokina rmc 70-200 f4. it`s just such a lovely image, low contrast a bit pastel colours...imagine a LOG lens. Next week I hopefully get a tokina 60-150 f2.8, and I will see if that becomes my new go to tele lens. I love the look they give, but I need to figure out how to lock it at a certain focal lenght, so I can use a follow focus with it.

Anyway, it`s a nice lens with a "look", but I`m having hard time finding a wide angle partner for it. 28-70 could be it, but harder to find here. theres plenty of the 28-70 atx, but costs more.

I have an RMC Tokina 28-70 that I am probably going to list on eBay pretty soon. It's a nice lens, I just recently picked up the AT-X 24-40mm and 35-70mm... So I don't really need it. If interested, I'll let you know when I list it. 

All the Nikon 85mm lenses are really great.

I've personally had the older scalloped nikkor-h 85mm 1.8 and the 85mm 1.4 AIS

I also had the 100mm 2.8 Series E and really loved that too! It's cheaper, but really is an great lens

I just sold a nib 100mm series e. I was going to get rid of all of my Nikon glass until I started messing with the non ai. I have a nice set of Pentax-K lenses. Between those, the Minoltas and my Canon FLs, I figured I didn't need the Nikon's plus I needed some extra cash last month. I have heard the 85mm is a great lens... I'll have to keep an eye out. 

Thanks!

Nice! I actually just sold my series E 100 recently too! haha

I did some major upgrading to my Nikkor set this year around tax time.

The 85s are awesome!

I just checked and  made sure, but they did make the Pre-ai Rubber ring 85mm 1.8

http://mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/preAI70/85mm.htm

If ​you can find a deal on that guy, snag it!

New Lens recomended to try out

as you all know I do like the Tokina/Angenieux  28-70mm and the Nikon 28-70mm 'Bourne Lens' and I'm pleased alot of you have bought them and found them to be superb lenses.

I was shooting a pop video for Rozalla last month using the Nikons and as I was shoooting with 3 cameras I wanted total glass parity so it all matched up look wise in the edit.

So 2 cameras had the Nikon 28-70mm F2.8 IF EDs on them and I bought a Nikon 35-70mm F3.5 AI for the 3rd camera.....

WHAT A LENS ! it matches the bigger Nikons exactly , colours blacks etc and it is very very good and cheap on ebay.

I used it on a speedbooster so its f2.8 and looks great

It has clicks on the apperture at f3.5 and f4

f3.5 is a midges softer fully wide open but a f4 it tightens up alot , so I used it at f4 on the speedbooster = f2.8

This is a late 1970s early 1980s lens and is built like a tank all metal , fully internal zoom and the focus only moves the end of the lens about 1cm forward

72mm front end for filters

But the glass is stunning ! the full Nikon 'Bourne ' look we all love and it edits in exactly with your bigger Nikon Bourne lenses the 28-70mm and the 80-200mm

Its smaller and lighter than its big brothers but packs the same punch .......I highly recomend this great lens

Andy

​I bought the tokina because it was cheap a while back and thought I was the only one who even used this lens. It worked perfect on a C100. I only sold it because I want to switch to nikon mount for aperture control. What an amazing lens...photographers don't care for it but we love it.