Lenses

Andrew Reid

• Super Members
16 minutes ago, JordanWright said:

Anyone know anywhere in the UK to get Contax Zeiss lenses permanently modded to EF?

I'm presuming you are looking at the Leitax adapters ?

I've never installed them myself and it looks straightforward enough but I think the path of least resistance (or prospect of damage!) would be to enquire with a camera repair place like Sendeans and ask them if they can quote to install the Leitax adapters for you if you source them.

https://www.sendeancameras.co.uk/free-estimates

Other places to consider would be ApertureUK and Fixation.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Just ordered 2 Leitax Adapters (spare one for the 85mm 2.8 that i'll inevitably buy) & The screwdriver Leitax recommend. Ive been told by Leitax it could be up to 10 days until dispatch & up to 2 weeks postage time... fingers crossed its a bit quicker than that! Hopefully I don't strip the screws. Would be very interested if anyone has any experience changing the mounts themselves, Simmod lenses recommend heating up the screws with a soldering iron before unscrewing to melt the glue... time to source one of those I guess haha!

Hey guys,

I want to build a affordable set of 'cine lenses'. I don't mind if they are not actual cine lenses, but I would like it if they are at least of similar size and have similar color reproduction. They do have to cover a full frame sensor though as I am using a Panasonic S1.

I have a few old nikkor AI lenses, which actually fit the bill. The individual lenses are going for between € 150 and €350 on ebay and they have a similar look to them. Also, they all have a filter thread of 52mm and a fairly long focus throw. And they are optically pretty good!

The only thing I don't like about them is that they are very small and fiddly. I like larger lenses. It's not comfortable to focus with your hands just 5-10 cm from the camera's mount.

At the moment I have the 28mm f2.8 / 35mm f2 / 50mm f1.8 / 105mm f2.5. I'm contemplating adding the 20mm f2.8 and the 85mm f2 to make the set 'complete'. But I would like to know if there are any alternatives

What other options are there or what can you recommend? I would like to keep the total sum under € 2000,-  to 2500,- for 5-6 lenses.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Stab said:

Hey guys,

I want to build a affordable set of 'cine lenses'. I don't mind if they are not actual cine lenses, but I would like it if they are at least of similar size and have similar color reproduction. They do have to cover a full frame sensor though as I am using a Panasonic S1.

I have a few old nikkor AI lenses, which actually fit the bill. The individual lenses are going for between € 150 and €350 on ebay and they have a similar look to them. Also, they all have a filter thread of 52mm and a fairly long focus throw. And they are optically pretty good!

The only thing I don't like about them is that they are very small and fiddly. I like larger lenses. It's not comfortable to focus with your hands just 5-10 cm from the camera's mount.

At the moment I have the 28mm f2.8 / 35mm f2 / 50mm f1.8 / 105mm f2.5. I'm contemplating adding the 20mm f2.8 and the 85mm f2 to make the set 'complete'. But I would like to know if there are any alternatives

What other options are there or what can you recommend? I would like to keep the total sum under € 2000,-  to 2500,- for 5-6 lenses.

Thanks!

Only thing I can think of is a set of Rokinons if you want larger glass. 

On 5/10/2020 at 11:05 AM, homestar_kevin said:

I legit almost bought that one, but actually stumbled into a non duclos version zf.2 for a lot less and snagged that.

I can't stop buying the Zeiss ZF lenses. They're all going so so cheap right now and are very attractive to me as I've been putting together a series of more modern looking primes.

In the past 8 months or so I've gotten deals I couldn't pass up on the 21mm 2.8, the 25mm 2.8, the 28mm 2.0, the 50mm 1/4 (ZF.1, but still)

They've been great. The 28mm was duclos modded, had the EF Mount hard adapter, declicked iris and the 80mm OD front cap and stuff, the rest have been stock.

The same guy listing the 25mm you posted sold the 50mm zf.2 Duclos modded for $400 shipped the other month. Wish I had caught that auction.

So my ZF.2 25mm arrived and sadly has a small touch of fungus right on the center of the front element, so that's a bummer. It's going back today.

I Should've bought that cinemodded one, it ended up selling for $430, oh well. Next time.

On 5/14/2020 at 3:09 AM, Amro Othman said:

I've found my favourite lens ever guys. Totally has surpassed the PEN-F 38mm f1.8. 

Can anybody guess which one it is? Hint: it's a Carl Zeiss made in Japan :)

Ok nobody guessed and maybe I was being a d*ck by playing a guessing game- so the lens is a Zeiss Distagon ZE 35mm F2.0 ❤️

27 minutes ago, Amro Othman said:

Ok nobody guessed and maybe I was being a d*ck by playing a guessing game- so the lens is a Zeiss Distagon ZE 35mm F2.0 ❤️

Very nice, how much did it run you? I have a PL modded Zeiss 25mm F4 coming in the mail but I am selling it straight away as I am getting rid of my PL mount camera.

3 hours ago, Amro Othman said:

Not a d*ck, but it's a tough ask doing a blind test online because:

• people getting things wrong is embarrassing and this wasn't anonymous and the internet never forgets
  • lenses are a lot more similar to each other than any of us would like to admit so its actually a ridiculously difficult thing to do (don't tell anyone.....shhhhh)

11 hours ago, Amro Othman said:

I was curious about the lens.  This lens has a reputation as being high contrast. Any filters on it in this shot?  What camera was this lens paired with? It looks good.

On 5/27/2020 at 3:02 AM, kye said:

Not a d*ck, but it's a tough ask doing a blind test online because:

• people getting things wrong is embarrassing and this wasn't anonymous and the internet never forgets
  • lenses are a lot more similar to each other than any of us would like to admit so its actually a ridiculously difficult thing to do (don't tell anyone.....shhhhh)

Yeah, totally agreed! But there is something about this lens, it renders so nicely. It really looks 3D in certain shots (I know that the lens is only part of the equation, but it's still a big part!)

On 5/27/2020 at 11:08 AM, Matthew Capowski said:

I was curious about the lens.  This lens has a reputation as being high contrast. Any filters on it in this shot?  What camera was this lens paired with? It looks good.

Yes it is contrasty. It also rendered the colours very differently from the Sigma ART 18-35... so much so that I was shocked. I can post the images if you're interested. I don't think I had a filter on the lens for the interior shots-b ut if I did it would just be a Hoya CPL.

As for the camera, it's the trusty Fuji X-T3 on a Ronin S :)

A person who always battles
Truth is heavy and difficult but pleasant
with his/her past, wont have future
سایت پیش بینی بت 45
سایت شرط بندی بت 45
سایت بت 45
بازی انفجار انلاین رایگان
سایت بازی انفجار کازینو
سایت پیش بینی فوتبال بت بال 90
سایت شرط بندی تک بت
سایت پیش بینی تک بت
ورود به سایت takbet
سایت تک بت شرط بندی
شرط بندی فوتبال تک بت
آدرس سایت takbet
اپلیکیشن تک بت
سایت پیش بینی فوتبال بت فوت
پیش بینی فوتبال بت فوت
شرط بندی بت فوت
سایت اصلی بت فوت
سایت جدید بت فوت
شرط بندی تک شوت 90
سایت تک شوت
سایت شرط بندی تک شوت
پیش بینی فوتبال فان بت
پیش بینی فوتبال کینگ بت
سایت شرط بندی فوتبال کینگ بت
سایت پیش بینی منوتوبت
سایت پیش بینی وین 90
سایت شرط بندی بت برو
سایت بت برو فارسی
شرط بندی فوتبال استارت بت
سایت شرط بندی استارت بت
سایت بالاگل شرط بندی
ادرس جدید سایت بالاگل
سایت پیش بینی بالاگل
سایت شرط بندی فوتبال بالاگل
شرط بندی فوتبال بالاگل
سایت شرط بندی بت پلاس
سایت شرط بندی پاسور آنلاین
سایت شرط بندی پاسور
پاسور آنلاین شرطی پولی
پاسور آنلاین شرطی
پاسور آنلاین
سایت پوکر ایرانی پولی
پوکر آنلاین با کارت شتاب
بازی آنلاین پوکر
بهترین سایت پوکر
بهترین سایت پوکر آنلاین پولی
پوکر آنلاین رایگان شرط بندی
بازی پوکر شرطی
سایت بازی پوکر پولی
سایت شرط بندی پوکر آنلاین
سایت پوکر با درگاه بانکی مستقیم
بازی پوکر آنلاین شرط بندی
بازی پوکر آنلاین ایرانی
تخته نرد آنلاین شرطی
سایت تخته نرد انلاین پولی
بهترین سایت تخته نرد شرطی
تخته نرد شرط بندی
بازی حکم شرطی
بازی حکم دو نفره
حکم آنلاین شرط بندی
بازی حکم آنلاین
شرط بندی بازی حکم
بازی حکم شرطی
سایت شرط بندی رولت
سایت شرط بندی فوتبال رول گیمز
سایت پیش بینی فوتبال ایرانی
سایت های پیش بینی فوتبال خارجی
پیش بینی مسابقات ورزشی
سایت پیش بینی فوتبال معتبر
ست بت 90
سایت شرط بندی فوتبال ست بت
سایت شرط بندی کازینو ایران
سایت شرط بندی کانن بت
سایت پیش بینی فوتبال کنزو بت
سایت شرط بندی فوتبال کنزو بت
سایت شرط بندی فوتبال لایوبت
شرط بندی مدال 90
پیش بینی فوتبال بت 90
سایت پیش بینی فوتبال بدون فیلتر bet90
bet90 سایت پیش بینی
سایت پیش بینی فوتبال bet90
شزط بندی فوتبال bet90
سایت شرط بندی بت 90
سایت جدید بت 90
بهترین سایت شرط بندی
end

• Super Members
16 minutes ago, wilferdseo said:

A person who always battles
Truth is heavy and difficult but pleasant
with his/her past, wont have future

Hang on, schoolboy error.

You're supposed to ask some question you've lifted off another forum and then post the links in your follow up question.

Back to The Spam Academy for you.

On 5/31/2020 at 1:33 PM, Amro Othman said:

Yes it is contrasty. It also rendered the colours very differently from the Sigma ART 18-35... so much so that I was shocked. I can post the images if you're interested. I don't think I had a filter on the lens for the interior shots-b ut if I did it would just be a Hoya CPL.

As for the camera, it's the trusty Fuji X-T3 on a Ronin S :)

I would be curious to see the difference if you already have screen captures handy, thanks!

X-T3, I wouldn't have guessed.  It looked really good.

19 hours ago, Matthew Capowski said:

I would be curious to see the difference if you already have screen captures handy, thanks!

X-T3, I wouldn't have guessed.  It looked really good.

We live in an age where a little Fuji gives cinematic results when you pair with the right lens :)

Anyway I am uploading both images. The warmer and brighter one is the Sigma. Same WB. I THOUGHT I had the same F-stop on both lenses but they look so different that I probably had the Sigma at least a stop higher and didn't realise. I will have to do a test carefully to be sure!

Selections Pt 1.00_03_37_20.Still002.jpg

Selections Pt 1.00_03_39_09.Still003.jpg

@Amro Othman yes, the differences in those two images are significant, for lens tint at least.

One thing I would caution on is that colour shifts can often occur in camera (or in colour profiles / conversions when processing in post).  I have tried replicating colour science across cameras on many occasions and it is very common to process different luminance values in different ways.  For example, the old orange/teal grade pushes mids and highlights warmer and shadows cooler, but also many film-look processes desaturate extreme highlights and shadows to create clean and blacks.  The list of common processing tricks goes on and on.  

To indicate how prevalent it is, someone did a colour accuracy comparison and Sony cameras were the most accurate and yet many other brands with less accurate colours are perceived to have nicer colours, so effectively, distortion of colour accuracy is not only common but desirable by the market.

Doing a direct comparison with identical exposure would be very interesting to see.

Dear lens enthusiasts,

I plan on doing a showoff of my adapted projection lenses with a little comparison to 'normal' consumer glass.
Initial plan was to put the camera on a tripod, put a tiny something around 70 cm in front of it, then have a human subject (most likely me) sit around ~ 2m in front of the camera and, finally, some deep background with just a bit bokeh in it.
Rack focus between those three.

Time and place of shoot: golden hour, somewhere outside, non-controlled environment.

No color charts (I don't have any), no corner-to-corner sharpness tests.

Maybe I'll manage to put an anamorphic adapter in there, too.

A visualization of what I have in mind (apart from the color chart):
Examples taken from this test.

image.png.0f3f17b206d967f701ac96096004e6de.png

image.png.5b11f4cf9fa783b8aa65bf134559eef3.png

image.png.1bc07a866e6dc1d48f3153202b144aac.png

Thoughts?