Lenses

Andrew Reid

• Super Members
4 hours ago, leslie said:

At this point i'm going to buy a cheap nikon to m43 adapter but later i might get an adapter with contacts if that allows  auto focus or tap to focus on the bmp4k. Has anyone any experience on that ? 

Unfortunately, there are no adapters that allow you to have electronic control of Nikon lenses from an MFT camera.

On the upside, think of the cost saving from only having to buy a dumb adapter !

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

going by this blokes website https://steemit.com/photography/@johncaz/tokina-at-x-pro-af-28-70mm-2-6-2-8

i think its series two. its certainly not the 3rd with the bayonet hood and its 77mm filter thread not 72mm filter thread like the first one, so i hope its the ANGENIEUX copy.

i have been looking for the nikon or pentax version as they have the aperture ring on the lens as i understand, it other versions have the aperture controlled by the camera.

thanks for the update btm.... its a bummer there is no smart adapter that narrows things down to a just speed booster then. Probably 2nd hand in the near future.

Congrats on the lens! I have the Pro v2 (#3 on the site you linked) and love it.

Good start with the cheap Nikon to m43 adapter. For the speedbooster/focal reducer part there are a couple way you could go.

Metabones is definitely the top of the line, but the Lens Turbo II is also very good.

It's great to have both the cheap plain adapter as well as the focal reducer because it will give you more options with the lens.

7 hours ago, leslie said:

going by this blokes website https://steemit.com/photography/@johncaz/tokina-at-x-pro-af-28-70mm-2-6-2-8

i think its series two. its certainly not the 3rd with the bayonet hood and its 77mm filter thread not 72mm filter thread like the first one, so i hope its the ANGENIEUX copy.

i have been looking for the nikon or pentax version as they have the aperture ring on the lens as i understand, it other versions have the aperture controlled by the camera.

thanks for the update btm.... its a bummer there is no smart adapter that narrows things down to a just speed booster then. Probably 2nd hand in the near future.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but based on your photos of the lens, you do not have the Angenieux version. The Angenieux version is the f/2.6-2.8 version, not the f/2.8 version. Now some folks suspect they’re very similar, so you may have a gem.

6 hours ago, JordanWright said:

I read somewhere that they market the 2.6-2.8 as 2.8 in Japan so it could be that? However, I could be wrong. 

Anyway the Angie is an incredible lens, perfect on the Pocket 4k with a Speedbooster!

i have heard that too,  and as someone else said there's a lot of layers too this cake ?

a real angie is quite expensive, for me anyway, from all my research i think i got a tokina copy.

thanks mercer for not trying to burst my bubble too hard. sometimes you have to do what you can and  roll the dice

On 7/12/2019 at 12:47 PM, JordanWright said:

I read somewhere that they market the 2.6-2.8 as 2.8 in Japan so it could be that? However, I could be wrong. 

Anyway the Angie is an incredible lens, perfect on the Pocket 4k with a Speedbooster!

On 7/12/2019 at 1:00 PM, homestar_kevin said:

Yeah, from what I remember the 2.6-2.8 was simply labeled 2.8 in lenses for the japanese market. So I know there are versions that are the Angeneuix design but labeled 2.8. 

There's a lot of layers to it lol

18 hours ago, leslie said:

i have heard that too,  and as someone else said there's a lot of layers too this cake ?

a real angie is quite expensive, for me anyway, from all my research i think i got a tokina copy.

thanks mercer for not trying to burst my bubble too hard. sometimes you have to do what you can and  roll the dice

That’s right, I forgot about that but if I remember correctly, there is a way to tell if it’s a Japanese market, Angenieux design... I don’t remember how though?

7 hours ago, mercer said:

That’s right, I forgot about that but if I remember correctly, there is a way to tell if it’s a Japanese market, Angenieux design... I don’t remember how though?

no idea myself

7 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

thanks for the link webrunner hadn't seen that site before.

7 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

A side by side comparison of them 

i fully doubt that i could tell which was which in a blind test i think the tokina certainly holds its own. after reading webrunners link it seems like the bayonet mount is the best option for an angie copy. i dont have the first version or the last version that much is certain. Regardless the horse has bolted for me lol. Still i am confident and looking forward to receiving my copy.

48 minutes ago, Zach Goodwin2 said:

My FD 35-105 F/3.5 broke, so now I'm going to be trying out this lens:

Sorry to hear that your lens broke - my FD 70-210 is a lovely piece of kit and I'd imagine your FD 35-105 would have been similar.

It will be interesting to see how well the Sigma holds up :)