Lenses

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, jonpais said:

Does the Veydra Fuji X-mount really exist?

They are not going to make a lens for Fuji's that have like 22 people that even shoot video, and 4 of them are on here. It is not worth the tooling cost.

Now this new camera may change that but they will still wait to see if the demand is worth it.  I am sure it will happen down the road. This new camera does seem like Fuji is serious about video. The XT2 was a first real step now this. But if you go on DPR they are still vehemently against video on a Fuji camera of any kind. No surprise. And you can bet Veydra goes to that site and says hell why bother. :frown:

I did get the E-mount conversion kit back in the day, because I was looking forward to the A6300 that still officially had to be announced. That turned out to be a bit of a bummer. Ryan used to be quite active on his Twitter up to like a half a year ago. I'm not sure Veydra is actively being run, there haven't been any developments... and I have seen a couple of videos where Ryan was a spokeperson for other companies (believe Schneider & Tokina), which might point to the fact he's (had to) moved on.

12 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

They are not going to make a lens for Fuji's that have like 22 people that even shoot video, and 4 of them are on here. It is not worth the tooling cost.

Now this new camera may change that but they will still wait to see if the demand is worth it.  I am sure it will happen down the road. This new camera does seem like Fuji is serious about video. The XT2 was a first real step now this. But if you go on DPR they are still vehemently against video on a Fuji camera of any kind. No surprise. And you can bet Veydra goes to that site and says hell why bother. :frown:

6FBD8455-B96F-4F67-96C4-851CF219358A.jpeg

On 2/24/2018 at 4:40 PM, Matt Kieley said:

Canon TV-16 25mm 1.4 (shot wide open with the bmpcc):

5a91db2c31355_Canon25mm1.thumb.jpg.06ec34f346e673854cf56ba238973719.jpg5a91db2f26073_Canon25mm2.thumb.jpg.8af842ae2ac0e712c9a07a47ec05fb3f.jpg

I've just played around with it for a couple of minutes and I love it already. It's sharp, with bokeh that's not as swirly and crazy as other c-mount lenses. I'll post footage later today.

These look nice. Love the color in the bottom shot of your wife. If you get a chance, I’d love to see what that lens looks like on your eos-m with the 3x bitrate.

2 hours ago, mercer said:

These look nice. Love the color in the bottom shot of your wife. If you get a chance, I’d love to see what that lens looks like on your eos-m with the 3x bitrate.

Thanks, man. I tried getting some shots on the EOS M but the lens wouldn't fully screw into my Fotga C-Mount adapter. I also had this problem with my Kern Paillard Yvar 16mm 2.8. And these lenses aren't being stopped due to size since they're too of the smallest c-mount lenses I own. They'll screw in only about 1-2 turns and stop. All my other c-mount lenses work fine.