Lenses

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yeah. And that was just the first spin I took it out with. I happened to have found myself in Salzburg and thought I'd roam around with the newly acquired D5300 and 35mm back then. Funny enough I was approached by someone outside a small artsy gathering type place... who asked me if I was the photographer that came to shoot the band. Apparently he was running late. Didn't actually end up stealing his gig tho. Did take a couple more random shots.

8fYgIY3.jpg

2ybgamc.jpg

Something about 35 mil, ey? :blush:

Don't take either piece of gear out much lately, the usability of the D5300 is just not there (I implore you, oh great Nikon Gods, please give us mirrorless APS-C!). But looking back... I can't deny the APS-C and a certain Nikon mojo. And with that lens it really has like a 2D stacking, with subject plane in almost complete focus with such a creamy background, really gives a pop. Like one of them cards.

hUnjfsh.png

But now is not the time to make myself feel bad about MFT, dang it. :grimace:

On 1/15/2018 at 8:24 PM, webrunner5 said:

Maybe you can hide this under your jacket? And people complain a GH5 body is too big.

Sony F3 with Cooke 20-100 T3.1 Zoom .jpg

One of the bigger F3 rigs I've seen. Definitely not built with the intention of staying small, light, and discrete. My setup tends to look more like this, generally with a small riser, rails, and follow focus.

IMG_8828.thumb.JPG.8415722b326fac72201f113fe56d312b.JPG

EF-mount would make the most sense. With E-mount option.  Doesn't look to great in terms of sharpenss, CA and bokeh, although focus breathing and parfocal seems rather well-controlled (yet not perfect). Don't mind having some options, so I guess it interesting to see more players trying to roll some dice at this table. Probably would prefer myself to stick to stills lenses from line-ups that are known to get re-housed. Such as the Tokina 11-16, 16-28 and 50-135mm f/2.8 (bonus: AT-X PRO 28-70mm f/2.6-2.8), Sigma 18-35 and 50-100 f/1.8 and Nikkor 17-35, 28-70 and 80-200mm f/2.8 D.

At $3,000, the Leica Elmarit 200mm f/2.8 had better be good... and boy, is it! The list of pros fills half a page. It is by far the sharpest m4/3  lens lenstip has ever reviewed, from wide open. OIS is around 4.5 stops, and with the IBIS of some of the newer Panasonic bodies, 6.5 stops of stabilization is probably no exaggeration. The only con? AF hunts.... ? 

You'd think people with a 200mm do much manual focusing? Yeah... they're probably shooting still life.

Anyways, in that price range, it better be that optically sound... just wondering... does the lens cap say 'Lumix G' as well?

If you can justify having one, for like good reasons and having the cash availlable, you're probably also in the position to just go and buy an Atlas anamorphic lens?

6 minutes ago, Samin said:

@jonpais Did you get a chance to shoot anything with that Sigma 60mm?

I’ve just done a little casual shooting with it, nothing screen shot worthy. ? My model Huong even texted the other day, asking when we’re going to shoot again, however.... I made a vow to myself to start making short films this year... nothing extraordinary, just 2-3 minutes long... but I haven’t come up with any remarkable ideas. If lightning strikes, maybe I can do some test shots next week and share the results.

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

I’ve just done a little casual shooting with it, nothing screen shot worthy. ? My model Huong even texted the other day, asking when we’re going to shoot again, however.... I made a vow to myself to start making short films this year... nothing extraordinary, just 2-3 minutes long... but I haven’t come up with any remarkable ideas. If lightning strikes, maybe I can do some test shots next week and share the results.

Looking forward to it :grin: