Lenses

Andrew Reid

On August 12, 2016 at 6:43 PM, Matt Kieley said:

It's my only camera, aside from my iPhone. I had to sell the bmpcc to pay for the T2i and lenses. I am hoping later down the line to add a GH4 and/or DJI Osmo to my bag, whenever I can afford them.

So far so good? I was surprised to learn that Kendy Ty switched to the a6300... Strangely I feel a little let down by it. Oh well, I'm over it now.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, mercer said:

So far so good? I was surprised to learn that Kendy Ty switched to the a6300... Strangely I feel a little let down by it. Oh well, I'm over it now.

I like it a lot so far, especially with Magic Lantern. It's nice having False Color built right in, no external monitor required. 

Gave the 24-70 GM a go this past weekend. Pretty impressed. Great rendering and incredibly sharp. 

AF was great overall except it seems it's bad for about 30 seconds after turning on the camera. Annoying when trying to conserve battery. Shot on the a7r2 with custom settings in Full Frame mode.

infocus_1.2.2.jpg

still3_1.4.1.jpg

still4_1.6.1.jpg

still6_1.9.1.jpg

still7 fixedskin_1.3.2.jpg

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:13 AM, BrorSvensson said:

May i ask why its pointless? its the longest f1.4 dslr lens, it will be amazing for portraits.

There is that 135 1.4 Mitakon that you can buy for Nikon DSLRs.        Very limited edition and manual focus though (100 only in all mounts).

The new Nikon should be a very nice lens though wont be quite as shallow for depth of field as a Canon 85 1.2 (for the same framing) - not that it wont be more than shallow enough anyway.     Now that the Nikon 105 1.4 is going to be around soon, it should be nice to see what it can do.

I believe Ebrahim has a spare one he could send you. :grin:

All old and lame jokes aside; surprises me you're willing to part with the Hollywood lens. :astonished: I only have f/2.8s unfortunately (but count myself fortunate enough to have 'em in the first place, though). Though, with longer focal length you do more easily get more of that Zeiss pop/rendering/bokeh in your shots.