Lenses

Andrew Reid

1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

I have yet to come across a lens where it wasnt enough to dremel the adapter. Accept for tevidon where you switch the mount instead.

Wait until you get to fuji 8, 17 and 35 then :D . If you do the measurements it's simply not possible to fit these lenses with no modification to the lens itself.

1 hour ago, mercer said:

I can easily get infinity focus on the 25mm by taking off the rear ring and using a Fotasy adapter. Even without the spacer it works.

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/4-3rds-cameras/13547-czj-tevidon-versus-fujinon-cctv.html#post176111

I know you can, I'm not saying it wont work, all I'm saying is it doesn't look proper and you can't then easily/quickly just unscrew it from the adapter and put it on another camera.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Also, just as a tip for anyone modifying a 25mm Fuji, on some of the 25s it's almost impossible to unscrew the 3 grub screws around the rear retaining ring. I don't know why this is so, perhaps they are glued in, but on a few 25s it's been impossible for me to do. In this scenario it's better to jyst leave it on, protect the rear element and modify as needed.

42 minutes ago, tweak said:

Wait until you get to fuji 8, 17 and 35 then :D . If you do the measurements it's simply not possible to fit these lenses with no modification to the lens itself.

I know you can, I'm not saying it wont work, all I'm saying is it doesn't look proper and you can't then easily/quickly just unscrew it from the adapter and put it on another camera.

Gotcha... I misunderstood. 

1 hour ago, mercer said:

Looks nice, how are you liking the Sony?

Having a great time with it. The IBIS alone is worth it for me. Loved my Nx1, but being limited to the S lenses for all my event work was annoying. 

I've been mainly using A7r 2 mainly in FF mode, great RS performance, get to use the full width of my lenses, and I like the image. It's actually pretty crazy to me that so many people complain about the colors. Yeah I understand if you always shoot S-log to torture yourself in post I can see that being a problem (or just use the S-log lut in Resolve and have a great image right away).

Every one of these image was just shot neutral with slight tweaks in lumetri. I was able to get slightly better color out of the NX1 near the end, but I'm almost there already with the sony.

I miss the NX1 viewfinder in bright lighting, but the Sony is much MUCH better in low light situations. I liked the menus and handling on the NX1 better, except the lack of ability to switch from the viewfinder to the rear screen mid-shot.

Very happy overall. 

smiling flag_1.1.1.jpg

4 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

Having a great time with it. The IBIS alone is worth it for me. Loved my Nx1, but being limited to the S lenses for all my event work was annoying. 

I've been mainly using A7r 2 mainly in FF mode, great RS performance, get to use the full width of my lenses, and I like the image. It's actually pretty crazy to me that so many people complain about the colors. Yeah I understand if you always shoot S-log to torture yourself in post I can see that being a problem (or just use the S-log lut in Resolve and have a great image right away).

Every one of these image was just shot neutral with slight tweaks in lumetri. I was able to get slightly better color out of the NX1 near the end, but I'm almost there already with the sony.

I miss the NX1 viewfinder in bright lighting, but the Sony is much MUCH better in low light situations. I liked the menus and handling on the NX1 better, except the lack of ability to switch from the viewfinder to the rear screen mid-shot.

Very happy overall. 

smiling flag_1.1.1.jpg

I briefly had an a5100 and I remember getting good results with portrait. Being a Nikon guy, I would have thought you would have gone with the D500. Well it looks like you made a great choice because the images look stellar. Gotta love those Voigts. 

2 hours ago, mercer said:

I briefly had an a5100 and I remember getting good results with portrait. Being a Nikon guy, I would have thought you would have gone with the D500. Well it looks like you made a great choice because the images look stellar. Gotta love those Voigts. 

The A7r 2 is also for my photo work. Wanted that full frame for that, video I can deal with crop.

But mainly I can no longer accept doing run and gun work without an EVF, external moniters and eye cups just give me trouble. 

Contax Zeiss 50mm f1.4 aej

I love the Contax Zeiss lenses. The size, build quality and look of the images have a unique signature to them. These are the "real zeiss" lenses to me. They have more of the 3D pop people mention and less of the clinical sharpness of the modern zeiss glass

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, kidzrevil said:

@mercer thanks man ! Im slowly moving towards a more bright and contrasty look. Really just embracing the low dynamic range of these cameras instead of trying to mimic an alexa you know ?

I don't think high DR necessarily means low contrast, but I get your point and agree.