Lenses

Andrew Reid

• Super Members
57 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

@parker I am using a fotasy and the lens wont lock in place the right way, you can feel the lens slipping in the mount when you rotate the focus. Think I should order another one or are you having that problem as well ?

I used a C/Y to EF and then had a EF to NX on the camera. That way I could switch between C/Y and m42 lenses on the fly with just one adapter on the camera.
m42 and C/Y to EF are small and very cheap, and they lock on very tightly.

So, saved me time, money and space in the bag.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@kidzrevil that's too bad, mine works perfectly and I've never had any problems with it, I guess their quality control must not be up to snuff! But either way, @Mattias Burling that's a really good idea I never thought of before! It seems like you're always after the quickest, most efficient ways to do things (I bought both the edelkrone quick release one and the xume magnetic filter system based on your videos)

1 hour ago, BrorSvensson said:

Does anyone by chance have both the canon fd 50mm 1.4 and the canon ef 5omm 1.4? I need to get a new 50mm would like to know how they compare at 1.4 and if its really worth the extra money for the EF version.

I only own the FD 50mm 1.4, but I used to use the EF version quite a bit in years past. It is not a very well regarded lens. For video use the focus throw will be much shorter than the FD, and of course only electronic aperture as well. I'd stick with the FD. 

So, I recently bought a BMMCC and I have been testing out a bunch of lenses with it. I have a native mount Sigma 30mm f/2.8 lens and I must say I really dig the way it renders with the BM, but the focusing ring is so effin atrocious. Are there any Sigma lenses that have decent focus rings? I have been looking at the 28mm f/1.8 but there aren't many reviews of it online. Has anyone used this lens?

image.jpeg

Hey has anyone heard/ seen anything from this lens - Wesley 8mm f2.8. It appears to be a C- mount adapted to E and Ive found video examples of other lenses under the "Wesley" brand but not this one. It appears to have a more solid construction than most other C mount lenses and also seems a bit larger. It apparently has an 11 blade iris too which seems awesome but since I can't find any examples online, still a little hesitant on pulling the trigger on one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wesley-Fish-Eye-8-mm-F2-8-E-Mount-APSC-Lens-for-Sony-Camera-NEX-6-7-A5000-A6000-/391477361865?hash=item5b25de7cc9:g:IKgAAOSwKfVXFYyB

This Mitakon Speedmaster 35mm f.95 seems pretty awesome though fairly expensive (cheap for what it is though). I was also considering a MIR 37mm f2.8. Obviously the Mitakon would perform better in low-light but I feel that the Mitakon may lack the character of the MIR even though bokeh would most likely be much smoother. If anyone owns any of these lenses and can offer any insight, it'd be greatly appreciated. I'd be using them on an a6300

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitakon-Speedmaster-35mm-F-0-95-II-Lens-for-Sony-E-Mount-NEX-camera-A6000-A5100-/152070945753?hash=item2368227bd9:g:j2UAAOSw-tNXId88

Tested out a couple of c-mount lenses I got for the BMPCC. I also wanted to test out some natural and artificial lighting set-ups.

lightingtest0.jpg

Kern-Paillard Switar 16mm f/1.8 AR

lightingtest1.jpg

Cosmicar 12.5mm f/1.8 (modified)

I'm pretty damn pleased with these lenses. My Rokinons were good lenses, but didn't quite have the character I was looking for. Both shots were f/2.8, 800iso, ProresHQ.

And for fun, a modified Cosmicar 6.5mm f/1.8 (at f/4):

cos6.5mm-1.jpg

I like ultra-wide lenses for a surreal feel.

3 hours ago, jagnje said:

are those from the pocket cinema? do you have any info if they cover the m43(2x crop) sensor?

The cosmicar 12.5mm f/1.8 might cover it, the others won't. I have the older 12.5mm f/1.9 version and there was some slight vignetting in the corners on the G7, but I think the crop factor is a 2.1x with the G7... So that could be the difference. Also I assume he graded the image, so it won't look exactly like that.

On June 14, 2016 at 1:39 AM, Matt Kieley said:

Tested out a couple of c-mount lenses I got for the BMPCC. I also wanted to test out some natural and artificial lighting set-ups.

lightingtest0.jpg

lightingtest1.jpg

I'm pretty damn pleased with these lenses. My Rokinons were good lenses, but didn't quite have the character I was looking for. Both shots were f/2.8, 800iso, ProresHQ.

cos6.5mm-1.jpg

Are you using any IR cut with these lenses? 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 1:39 AM, Matt Kieley said:

lightingtest0.jpg

lightingtest1.jpg

cos6.5mm-1.jpg

good God these look great ! do you know if these c mount lenses would fit on a gh4 or g7 ?

9 hours ago, homestar_kevin said:

What modifications have to be done to the 12.5 and the 6.5?

12.5: I filed the edge of the back part of the lens. I followed this video:

6.5: I took off the lens mount and replaced it with a mount from a Computar 16mm f/1.6 c mount lens that doesn't cover the sensor/is a shitty lens. It couldn't screw on as a 1:1 switch so I superglued it. I screwed the mount on the camera while it was on, put the glue on the inside, and slid the lens on until it was in focus.

10 hours ago, mercer said:

Are you using any IR cut with these lenses? 

No.

3 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

good God these look great ! do you know if these c mount lenses would fit on a gh4 or g7 ?

No idea, but I suppose if you're using a GH4 you can shoot in 4K and zoom in to the s16/2K area of the image.