Lenses

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If you are on a budget sand want a superb cinema quality constant appperture zoom that is just as good optically as the tokina/angenieux then get the canon FD 35-70 f4 and put it on a canon FD speedbooster that makes it f2.8 and even sharper ......this lens is optically amazing its small light internal zoom and about £30 on eBay .......everyone should have one !!

15 minutes ago, andy lee said:

If you are on a budget sand want a superb cinema quality constant appperture zoom that is just as good optically as the tokina/angenieux then get the canon FD 35-70 f4 and put it on a canon FD speedbooster that makes it f2.8 and even sharper ......this lens is optically amazing its small light internal zoom and about £30 on eBay .......everyone should have one !!

Great lens. I bought this on a whim for 30 bucks. 

Here it is on an eos-m...

Almost zero breathing and amazing bokeh for an f4 lens. 

21 minutes ago, sandro said:

How did you find this?? I just love no focus breathing lenses now!

I was just looking for a constant aperture zoom. I looked on eBay and saw the 35-105mm and then found this. For 30 bucks I thought what the hell. I had a small set of FD lenses. I sold all of them... Some of which I paid 3 or 4 times more, but won't sell this. The only issue I have with the lens is that the filter ring is recessed, so it is hard to mount and nd filter. But even at 5.6 you get good bokeh. In fact, I don't think any of the shallow focus shots in that video were shot wide open. 

7 hours ago, mercer said:

I was just looking for a constant aperture zoom. I looked on eBay and saw the 35-105mm and then found this. For 30 bucks I thought what the hell. I had a small set of FD lenses. I sold all of them... Some of which I paid 3 or 4 times more, but won't sell this. The only issue I have with the lens is that the filter ring is recessed, so it is hard to mount and nd filter. But even at 5.6 you get good bokeh. In fact, I don't think any of the shallow focus shots in that video were shot wide open. 

So ND filters are impossibile to use?

I have two questions now:

- do you have a list of the best lenses for money with no focus breathing and parfocal?
- what is the best lenses I could get with an aperture of f2 or lower that is in the 10-24 range? I was thinking a samyang, I'm asking because I need to avoid ISO above 1600 for the NX1 and I noticed that f2.8 from the Tokina 11-16 is not enough sometimes :(

Obviously vintage lenses are more than welcome!

1 hour ago, sandro said:

I have two questions now:

- do you have a list of the best lenses for money with no focus breathing and parfocal?
- what is the best lenses I could get with an aperture of f2 or lower that is in the 10-24 range? I was thinking a samyang, I'm asking because I need to avoid ISO above 1600 for the NX1 and I noticed that f2.8 from the Tokina 11-16 is not enough sometimes :(

Obviously vintage lenses are more than welcome!

Going to be pretty hard to find for under $500. Nikon 20mm f1.8 is what immediately comes to mind.