Lenses

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Miranda and yes.

Nice, I just picked up a nos Miranda 28mm 2.8. Haven't gotten it delivered yet though. I, also, have a Krasnogorsk, it was in a photography lot I bought off eBay years ago for 25 bucks. I didn't even know it was part of the lot until it came in the mail... Imagine my surprise. Of course it didn't come with the Meteor lens, but is the M42 version. I need to buy some 16mm film one of these days and test it out... Or sell it. Btw, did you ever sell that Pocket Cam?

• Super Members

Nice, I just picked up a nos Miranda 28mm 2.8. Haven't gotten it delivered yet though. I, also, have a Krasnogorsk, it was in a photography lot I bought off eBay years ago for 25 bucks. I didn't even know it was part of the lot until it came in the mail... Imagine my surprise. Of course it didn't come with the Meteor lens, but is the M42 version. I need to buy some 16mm film one of these days and test it out... Or sell it. Btw, did you ever sell that Pocket Cam?

$25 is a fine deal. Modify it to "s16" (remove the gate and file it on one side) and its a minimum $200.

Yes the Pocket is sold.

• Super Members

never thought of that, does s16 only have sprockets on one side?

yes.

If its a "real" conversion they recenter the lens as well.

But most K3 shooters are happy with just the filed gate. The included zoom covers from 27mm and up. On the m42 one can use a Zenitar 16mm or Peleng 8mm with full coverage. 

On http://www.k3camera.com/ there are instructions on how to do it.

Also one can buy the gate only on eBay. 

yes.

If its a "real" conversion they recenter the lens as well.

But most K3 shooters are happy with just the filed gate. The included zoom covers from 27mm and up. On the m42 one can use a Zenitar 16mm or Peleng 8mm with full coverage. 

On http://www.k3camera.com/ there are instructions on how to do it.

Also one can buy the gate only on eBay. 

great info, thanks I'll check it out. I will probably never use it... When I was younger, I spent a few nights loading 16mm film into an old Bolex inside a changing bag... That was basically my only job, other than a little acting, but it was a bit tedious. Am not sure if I'll ever really shoot film with it, so the gate change could be a smart move to get me closer to my Pocket Cam. 

Hi everyone,

So lately I've been trying to adjust my focal reducer to be able to focus to infinity (the focal reducer was off) so I am getting closer but the question now is how do I know if I am exactly focusing to infinity? I am going to try focusing at night on stars and see if the circle can become a point, I guess it should work, right? And what should be the best f/stop to check infinity? 

Thanks

• Super Members

Picked up a Tessar Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm 2.8 lens today for 20 euros at a Berlin market, perfect condition. Think that's a pretty good price, pretty stoked by how solid it feels. And it is sharp. REALLY sharp.

It is a good price. The lens is sweet! Very low contrast and kind to colors compared to some of my vintage 50mm. Love the wide but short design as well.

What mount was it?

(mine was $12)

It is a good price. The lens is sweet! Very low contrast and kind to colors compared to some of my vintage 50mm. Love the wide but short design as well.

What mount was it?

(mine was $12)

$12, nice! It's an m42 mount, the guy also had absolutely zero idea what lens it was which was kind of funny, even had a Helios 44-2 sticker on it. Great thing is it has barely a scratch on it, must have been lying packaged somewhere for the last 20 years. Took a few test shots last night and it has a lovely creamy look with, like you said, little contrast which I'm liking a lot.

Vintage glass is great! I'd love to find a decent old macro for a similar price bracket.

• Super Members

$12, nice! It's an m42 mount, the guy also had absolutely zero idea what lens it was which was kind of funny, even had a Helios 44-2 sticker on it. Great thing is it has barely a scratch on it, must have been lying packaged somewhere for the last 20 years. Took a few test shots last night and it has a lovely creamy look with, like you said, little contrast which I'm liking a lot.

Vintage glass is great! I'd love to find a decent old macro for a similar price bracket.

Its not a Macro but the m42 Jena 35mm f2.8 has a close focus of almost nothing, the ND bumps the subject if I have the Xume adapters on.
Since its m42 you can also unscrew it and get closer (works on your 50mm as well).

On my 10mm C-Mount I can unscrew and literally have the subject touching the glass.

Its not a Macro but the m42 Jena 35mm f2.8 has a close focus of almost nothing, the ND bumps the subject if I have the Xume adapters on.Since its m42 you can also unscrew it and get closer (works on your 50mm as well).

On my 10mm C-Mount I can unscrew and literally have the subject touching the glass.

Funny you mentioned that lens, just stumbled across an article on the 2,4 version which apparently has a focusing distance of 19cm which is amazing. I've bid for on on eBay but will now keep an eye out at markets. Cheers!

• Super Members

Funny you mentioned that lens, just stumbled across an article on the 2,4 version which apparently has a focusing distance of 19cm which is amazing. I've bid for on on eBay but will now keep an eye out at markets. Cheers!

Here is the f2.8. Cant remember if its in APS-C but its A7 (HD frame).

And this is not unscrewed :)

myra.md.jpg