problem with focus on sigma lens olymous om 10 camera (focus "dot" inside the viewer gets half dark or black)

sora90

Hi guys, I've bought an Olympus OM10 film camera with a 50mm lens. Because I wanted a zoom lens to use with it I got through ebay a sigma 28-80mm f 3.5-4.5 UC zoom. I have just received the lens and I notice that sometimes half of the focus aim inside the viewer gets darker or black. If I'm not wrong it happend too with 50mm lens but then during my photoshots it never happened again. Does anybody knows why this happen?may it be because the camera had no film inside (I was just trying the lens) or because I was in a poor light environment?

Thanks for everything guys!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The Olympus OM10 is a 1970's / 1980's 35mm SLR film camera (Iused to have one in my teens)

It has a split focusing screen so when your object is out of focus the middle will look darker (in poor light ) or blurry as you hit focus the top and bottom of the split focusing screen will allign and be as one when you have focus.

All this is going on via the mirror/ prism / split focusing screen it does not effect the image that goes to your film in the camera

as soon as you hit the shutter button the mirror goes up as the shot is taken.

This forum is about Digital Cinematography ...ie no film in the camera

you might be best on a 35mm film camera forum if you want more advise.