Iscomorphot 8 1.5x, Vertical anamorphic video, Flaring goodness single focus beauty!

PannySVHS

So I bet, many of you have heard or read of the Iscomorphot 8 1.5x anamorphic adapter, which is a tiny and single focus gem. It was built for Super 8 cameras and even works for S35 but with inherent flaws regarding resolution, since it was built for Super8. Here is a beautiful video in its own right and vertical use of the anamorhot, which means that camera was rotated by 90 degrees. Camera was a m43 Zcam, so the sensor was in a 3 to 4 format position after rotating it by 90 degrees. Taking lens was a 90mm Voigtlaender. This should give us a 3x1.5 to 4 format = 4.5 to 4 = 1.125 to 1 ratio! Enjoy and happy hunting for the Iscomorphot! 🙂

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If that would have been in B&W it would have looked even more 50ish. A little too much OOF for me but nice non the less. Yeah there are some old gems for lenses out there thrown in a box wasting away sad to say.

But fungus is slowly killing most of them. Might be a good business to open cleaning and saving them.

Exactely, Andrew. It's the Iscomorphot 8 which is single focus. There is an Isco anamorphot 8 which is fixed focus.

That's what I'm planning on doing, to use it with my Tevidons on my Bmmcc. S16 should be the perfect format for it. Tito has tested both of them in S35 crop on an A7S II, which it covers but with super soft edges. I still have troubles adapting my Tevidons as the Tevidon to C-mount adapter does not screw deep enough into the C-mount to Mft adapter. My only Tevidon i get mounted is the 35mm to my S1. Awesome lens btw, covering S35 crop!

I had one a long time ago. I did a test with it that was actually featured in a blog post here, though I can't find the link. I found this lens to be terribly soft until f5.6 or so. Mine had the crazy "cleaning marks" on the front element, and I actually spent way too much money sending it off to have the front element resurfaced (and recoated? I can't remember). Which did not help at all. I did some tests with it after I got it back and sold it shortly afterwards.

I remember that test @QuickHitRecord Cool to realise now that you did this test.:) Are you sure it is the iscomorphot 8 1.5x and not the isco anamorphot 8 1.5x? The iscomorphot 8 is the single focus solution, seen left on Andrews picture above, the isco anamorphot 8 is the fixed focus one with much worse performance. Tito has tested both of them. Hopefully I get to rig mine some time soon. I got two of them for setting them up with two focal lengths. Some time soon.:) Haha  @Justin Bacle has even commented on it under Titos video.:)