Got rid of the pinned topics, contribute your ideas next

Andrew Reid

Not that I want them to post less on the forums, since their posts are some of my favorites, however there are certain things that @herein2020and @MrSMWpost that honestly would be worthy of being on the main site, if that ever becomes a focus. I'm not sure if it gets more traffic than the forum, but their in depth write-ups about the equipment they use, why they use it, etc. are really good, and would compliment your articles well. I don't know if they'd be interested, obviously, but it's just something I thought of while reading @herein2020's R7 post. They are both quite thoughtful writers.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

A perspective from someone who mostly reads topics, sometimes posts when I have some to add and starts a new topic (very infrequently) if I think it would be of interest to other forum members.

I come here for information about video cameras, what to added to them to make them perform better, and comparisons videos if there are 2 or more camera or products that might service the same purpose.  Basically, I wanted to gain some knowledge and I am willing contribute if I feel like I have something to offer.

Maybe create a camera, lens, lights, sound, production equipment database where forum members could contribute their knowledge and experience through product reviews, tutorial and answer questions that are posted to their product reviews.

Everybody has a product they are passionate about and that are willing tell you about. Maybe create structure for people to contribute like a wikipedia for production, which has a questions and comments sections following the review.

Oh an if I post a review of a product I get to provide a link to my Share Grid post so that I can rent it to them - maybe EOSHD gets a cut of the rental referral.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a forum called "Sailing Anarchy" and it is great. It is very free speech orientated. Dummies are put in their place by anyone coming along knowing better but mostly in a fun way. New members need to show their GFs tits (running gag) bevor getting replies to their first post, etc..

..One way the Forum is sponsored is, Industry can buy a thread or subforum. E.g.  black magic can talk directly to users here. Small rig for all things rigging etc. Anamorphics have had a boom, no?...

This does not mean that one can't have an open opinion about things also in the same thread.

For me camera wise the interest about specs have come to an end. Most of them have leveled to a, good enough point. So I guess no one is interested in hacking a t2i or something. There is still some nitty gritty bit that is interesting, How to make the files excell, grading etc... how to shoot, sound ( @IronFilm)

I really do miss you videos like NX1 in Lisbon, etc. It would be nice to get at least two a year done. It also starts discussion; What lenses did you use, camera, technique. I am in Berlin, let me know if you need a BTS Goon or something.

For me I have a business to run so I am mainly a lurker and only pick up the camera for jobs anymore. On holyday I shoot film. What you could need is younger film students, they have time to experiment. What are they shooting with? How can you help them? Cinema history knowledge, vintage gear etc... why is it relevant? I liked your YT videos, is there a niche for you, just on the side?

And finally, this is your house so you can behave yourself how you what to, but then there is also Gastfreundschaft. People like Webrunner ( and so many more which have left) seem to have been meaning mostly good and some of them even had great content and knowledge to share. Maybe it is better to PM them if you get pissed off with them, as nobody likes to get assraped in front of the forum mates.

Lots of love and I hope all your ideas florish to great things,
Best,

Hansel

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 6:13 AM, newfoundmass said:

One of my favorite things this forum has done is the video contest from a few years back. It was nice to SEE what people were capable of, even when using cheap cameras. So much of this forum is people talking about specs.

I recently acquired a Canon TV16 6mm fixed focus lens. i "challenged" myself filming without a monitor, cuz i liked the supertinyness of my bmmcc without a monitor. I later recognized, it vignettes up to 1.33x zooming in on davinci in that case. But footage was fun and cool.:)

@hansel I'm in Berlin too. Let's film some cinema verité vignettes together with cam and coffee. Sony Pmw f3, bmmcc and nice nerdy gadgets at hand.:)

On 9/24/2022 at 11:47 AM, PannySVHS said:

@hansel I'm in Berlin too. Let's film some cinema verité vignettes together with cam and coffee. Sony Pmw f3, bmmcc and nice nerdy gadgets at hand.:)

Hey, sounds great, but i am a troubled mind with a business to run, a house and a boat to keep up and a wife and little ones, Jesus. Hey, fuck it lets have a coffee then or go for a sail. I am still lusting over the bmpcc...

On 9/24/2022 at 2:10 PM, Emanuel said:

You're always a breeze over here Marty, nice to hear < 3

Same, my friend, same thing, nice to hear from you.

On 9/25/2022 at 7:40 PM, hansel said:

Hey, sounds great, but i am a troubled mind with a business to run, a house and a boat to keep up and a wife and little ones, Jesus. Hey, fuck it lets have a coffee then or go for a sail. I am still lusting over the bmpcc...

Coffee, cam, talk no do. Would be sweet. OG Bmpcc, was lusting over it too. But with the Bmmcc finally being equipped with the 3.5 inch Ikan plus Viewfinderloupe, I might get over it.:) Did some fun filming yesterday at Kanzleramt, filming my friends taking application picturs.:) Awesome blue and all of the sudden golden hour yesterday. Got it all in glorious Fairchild colours! So, let´s groove. Next week would be groovy f.i. 🙂