Adidas Advert shot on 5d mk3 raw

TerrenceWilkins

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

As mentioned before it was shot at 1920 x 544 for 20+ seconds bursts on a komputerbay 1000x 64gb card.

It was then stretched to 1920 x 878 in davinci rendered at 50fps. Then stuck on a 1080 timeline interporlated at 25fps.

The lenses used were:

Canon 50mm 1.2
Canon 16-35mm 2.8
Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS
Canon 24-105mm 4 IS

Was sharpness added? Nice ideas in the lighting especially at the end, though not a fan of the hard light close up at 3sec with burnt out shoulder, or overall pinky/magenta skin tones. the cu at 3sec is that a hard light fill, or is that a kino just not reacting well to slightly sweaty skin, either way MKIII not reacting to it well, which makes me wonder if that's exacerbated by some post sharpening. Has a videoey quality trying to work out where that's come from.

Has a videoey quality trying to work out where that's come from.

i don't think it looks like 'video'.  but it certainly doesnt look like film either.  The look pretty much gave me a feeling of moving still images, stylised in a fashion suitable for the current sportswear marketing style.  This look will be coming from the lenses, in combination with the full frame image area - both of which are the stable diet of still photographers working on this type of material for big brands the world over.  Set the same equipment up for video work and when done superbly like this, with a really nice lighting style i think it works really nice for this type of promo.  

The fact that this looks as technically good as if it had been shot on Alexa (thanks to the amazing raw hack), but using a non cinema camera and lenses other than cookes or zeiss cinema lenses the obviousness of the repurposed still photography equipment will be boosted due to the rest of the production value being of a level which normally would include an alexa and cookes.  

i don't think it looks like 'video'.  but it certainly doesnt look like film either.  The look pretty much gave me a feeling of moving still images, stylised in a fashion suitable for the current sportswear marketing style.  This look will be coming from the lenses, in combination with the full frame image area - both of which are the stable diet of still photographers working on this type of material for big brands the world over.  Set the same equipment up for video work and when done superbly like this, with a really nice lighting style i think it works really nice for this type of promo.  

The fact that this looks as technically good as if it had been shot on Alexa (thanks to the amazing raw hack), but using a non cinema camera and lenses other than cookes or zeiss cinema lenses the obviousness of the repurposed still photography equipment will be boosted due to the rest of the production value being of a level which normally would include an alexa and cookes.  

It's an aesthetic thing i guess. To me it looks videoey, like a C300. This doesn't look like an Alexa at all to me, burnt highlights being particularly un Alexa like. The MKIII Raw also looks nice, i just wonder if this has been overly sharpened. Or, perhaps it's just bad web compression!

No post sharpening was added. The magenta skin tones seen in the shadows at 0:03 can be attributed to a fluorescent fixture off to camera left not quite providing the fill light required. We have also found that the online 8-bit file has significantly more banding and colour noise than the original 10-bit ProRes files, and this may also be a factor. However, as Inazuma has mentioned, the raw files have held a large amount of data in the shadows and we feel the end result was definitely acceptable. 

looks great you did a very nice work!

love the lighting, composition, narration, all around well polished video.

The only nit picking thing that bothered me is a little continuity issue.

As he walks toward the jersey the scientists are stepping aside but when you switch to the opposite camera angle they remain static.

Did you use one of the osiris luts on this?

I'm asking because of the cyan highlights and orange saturated skintones.

I know this is the typical orange and teal grading look so could be done without them but I'm just curious.

again very nice congrats