Speedbooster FD to M43 & Iscorama match?

wilco73

I have a Van Diemen rebuild Iscorama and am looking at the Metabones FD to M43 speedbooster. I would like to match it with my old Canon FD lenses, 28mm, 35mm and the 50mm.

Does anybody has experience wit the combination speedbooster and Iscorama combi? On paper the combi GH4, Speedbooster FD-M43, Canon 35mm and Van Diemen Iscorama sound nice but will it work? $399 for the Speedbooster is a lot of money for a experiment ;-) So if somebody already tried some sort of combination please share. Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have a Van Diemen rebuild Iscorama and am looking at the Metabones FD to M43 speedbooster. I would like to match it with my old Canon FD lenses, 28mm, 35mm and the 50mm.

Does anybody has experience wit the combination speedbooster and Iscorama combi? On paper the combi GH4, Speedbooster FD-M43, Canon 35mm and Van Diemen Iscorama sound nice but will it work? $399 for the Speedbooster is a lot of money for a experiment ;-) So if somebody already tried some sort of combination please share. Thanks!

I just got one of the cheap clones (RJ M42-M4/3) so i could use my Russain lenses with my Iscorama 54 & get wider on the BM Pocket - no problems whatsoever. So if you want a cheaper option for FD lenses then (to try out etc...), then this would be the way to go - the cheap clones aren't perfect wide open (could be the lenses too), but stopped down a little everything is sharp across the whole frame.

This was an experiment for me too & i'm so impressed I might just go the whole hog - buy more Nikon lenses & get the Speedbooster for the Pocket camera (when i get the cash together).

I just got one of the cheap clones (RJ M42-M4/3) so i could use my Russain lenses with my Iscorama 54 & get wider on the BM Pocket - no problems whatsoever. So if you want a cheaper option for FD lenses then (to try out etc...), then this would be the way to go - the cheap clones aren't perfect wide open (could be the lenses too), but stopped down a little everything is sharp across the whole frame.

This was an experiment for me too & i'm so impressed I might just go the whole hog - buy more Nikon lenses & get the Speedbooster for the Pocket camera (when i get the cash together).

Thanks for the reply Bioskop! Will have a look at the clones ;-)

I'm currently shooting with one of these clones on the BMPCC as well, paired with 35-105mm and 70-210mm FD zooms, and everything is superfine. I'd strongly recommend using a variable ND, if you want ANY out of focus areas. (the sad part is i'm not shooting anamorphic).

I have a cheap clone for my FD lenses and GH3. I just came home from a shot and used it the whole time with my Iscorama (no mods here).

With the 35mm Canon FDn there is very slight vignetting but still ok for me. And looks good for video but not perfect for stills.

Anyway I don't need razor sharp images so I am fine with the cheap clone.

I have a cheap clone for my FD lenses and GH3. I just came home from a shot and used it the whole time with my Iscorama (no mods here).

With the 35mm Canon FDn there is very slight vignetting but still ok for me. And looks good for video but not perfect for stills.

Anyway I don't need razor sharp images so I am fine with the cheap clone.

That what i thought. 0.7 x wide from 35mm is just below 25mm. 25mm on the M43 GH3/4 is the magic number for vignetting if have heard. Can you post a screenshot from you anamorphic footage with the clone and the 35mm? Thanks!!