Lomo Square Front Cap (WTB)

Chris Elkerton

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Get one made...

I hope that doesn't sound dismissive, but I've literally never seen one for sale.  And if i sold you one, I'd need one... I'd imagine most people with any sort of access are in the same boat.

Also, frankly.  i'm not sure a leather and velvet lens cover that's fourty years old is even a good idea.  Every time i look at my 35mm I'm terrified that there is mold lurking in that skanky old lens cover, then fearfully pack it with more dessicant.

I bypassed the pretty leather cap by buying a diopter holder from RAF camera...enables a circular cap up front, as well as quick filter/ diopter changes: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diopter-holder-for-LOMO-square-front-anamorphic-lens-or-attachment-93x1-5mm-v2-/141055364173?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d78e0c4d

- But yeah, I would also like to get a leather one made, preferably from an old Russian guy with a beard. 

Thanks Hans,
I am looking at one of those RAF adapters. I'm also looking at one of Alan's 82mm .25 doublets. What size diopters are you using with yours. Do you think I would have vignette issues on full frame?

Haha, where does one find a Russian gentleman with a beard?

I've got an Oct-18 50mm front with 75mm Lomo prime, PL mounted and used on a PL converted 7D.

I put a 93>82mm step down on the RAF adapter and use 82mm circular diopters/ ND's/ caps etc. This setup does not vignette on APSC. I also can put an 82>77>82 combo of step rings upfront to create a lip for a clamp on mattebox.

If your squarefront is Oct-18, you may have to shave the bolt head of your front lens rail support bracket to get the RAF adapter to fit flush. If your LOMO is Oct-19, you wont have an issue.

I just tried it on 5d3 (duel focus configuration) with 85mm taking lens - does not vignette, not sure if that answers your question.