GH4 - Speedbooster and Canon mount

Sam.P

Hello everybody!

New to the forums.

I am about to buy the GH4 but I have a question that was probably posed already (I just couldn<t find the answer).

I own a 5D MK II and these are the lenses I have: Sigma 70-200 1.8 - Canon 17-40mm - Rokinon 85 mm - Tamron 28-75mm.

I would like to know if it is possible to use them with a speedbooster (on the GH4) AND keep the autofocus option that comes with the GH4.

If it is possible at all, which speedbooster?

Thanks in advance for your help!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

welcome to the forum Sam

as of now there are no active EF mount speedbosters only dumb / passive EF mounts

so you do nned to focus manually and set aperture manually

Some of the lenses you have the aperture is fly by wire (electric set in the camera )

I thought they had an EF mount for NEX that had AF aswell but yeah nothing for M43. Why metabones are dragging this out I will never knowm they would make an absolutely killing if they could get one out now to go with the GH4. I know I have lots of Canon glass id love to add to it, not to mention that stunning 24-70 F2.8 mk2

It sucks! I, too, have access to Canon glass I would have loved to try on it. I ended up ordering a Panasonic 12-35mm 2.8...

Let's see what the image from the GH4 turns out to be...should be here in 2-3 days.

Thanx for the answers guys, let's just hope they make a speedbooster asap.

It sucks! I, too, have access to Canon glass I would have loved to try on it. I ended up ordering a Panasonic 12-35mm 2.8...

Let's see what the image from the GH4 turns out to be...should be here in 2-3 days.

Thanx for the answers guys, let's just hope they make a speedbooster asap.

The Panasonic 12-35 is great with the stabiliser, its not in the same league in the corners as the 24-70 mk2 though :( not to mention bokeh