Sony A7 IV official topic

Andrew Reid

On 9/13/2022 at 2:35 PM, cojocaru27 said:

Also the rolling shutter i knew it was bad. But i have this problem with the motion cadence. When i have a slow pan the image is just has a freeze like it can't deal with the movement or so. It's just not smooth as it supposed to be. This is also from the rolling shutter too?

Your footage looks great.  Thanks for sharing that.

When you were panning, were you handheld, on a tripod, on a gimbal, or something else?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The pans in the video definitely look like image stabilization was on. It causes those slight hesitations. Image stabilization should always be turned off when panning or tilting; either use a tripod, a gimbal, or a Steadicam/glidecam for those situations and leave IS off (both in the camera and on the lens if the lens has stabilization).

• 2 weeks later...

thx a lot for the answers. Really helpful. I was using DJI Rs3, i just love the combination between sony out-of-this-world auto focus and the stabilization of this gymbal. I don't know if i turned off the IS incamera, i'll have to check it. Thanks for the advice guys. Much obliged.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:42 AM, Francisco Rios said:

Hi, I usually export prores and then compress with compressor. Youtube settings template... and then upload to YouTube...

Don't have camera so don't know about rolling... I'm planning to buy a7iv but also considering A7SIII because of heating... How was your experience about heat? Also got questions about iso performance and settings between both models working with s-log3

Best

Honestly i didn't have any issues with heating so for. I didn't shoot for long times though. If you are doing mostly video, i think afs3 it's a better choice. BUt for sure a7IV it's a great camera too. You can't go wrong with either