Nikon Z9 / Firmware 2.0 Official Topic

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Super Members
On 4/14/2022 at 8:44 PM, BTM_Pix said:

My fanciful idea of getting one in Japan in October looks to be completely doomed based on Yodobashi Camera's site.

1654184010_ScreenShot2022-04-14at20_40_36.png.d48a222ddbd226a598badb5ded226480.png

Well, the scheduled arrival for the next batch is now not going to be January 2023.

Its March 2023.

At this rate they won't have to worry about infringing RED's patent as it will have expired before they ship them.

318495433_ScreenShot2022-06-15at22_29_58.png.67fc5c58167f663e19b99f72d8debb33.png

It's a worldwide problem for many many products, both supply chain shortages and inflation hitting hard. 

Look at these prices increases I just saw announced today for fertilizer in New Zealand: 

image.thumb.png.bc748453a123b446fb3a2c176123d4c4.png

Makes the +1500 euro premium to pay for a camera seem like a pretty trivial increase in comparison. At least you're not seeing over 1500% price increases!

1 hour ago, MrSMW said:

Thank fuck I don't need any fertiliser.

oh it was merely one of most recent example I'd read today 

I could instead refer to say the plasterboard shortages and price increases instead, is so extremely bad that it is making regular front page news here in New Zealand! 

Or the price of lettuce? (the shortages have got so bad it was in the news today that KFC was substituting some lettuce in their burgers with cabbage instead!!)

Price increases and supply chain delays are everywhere, it isn't just the Nikon Z9.

KFC

Kentucky schreit ficken

as we say in Germany.

That rhymes.:) A good reason among others to consider a more vegeatarian diat. Cabbage instead of chicken would be good. We must half the exploitation of planet earth and stop exploitation of people. Half the phones, TVs and other stuff, double the lifespan of resourcemongers like electronics before they get thrown away and polute soil and water. Then Z9 will be fine. Kentucky fickt Nikon, Kentucky fucks Nikon. More Z9s for a better world and world of cameras would be a silly slogan though.

Z9 pre-order = 7500 euros body only.

Meanwhile, I paid less than that for all 4 of my camera bodies; S5, S1H, pair of S1R’s, all used but ‘as new’ except the S5 I bought new.

OK, the Z9 is arguably a more capable bit of kit than the S5, but only marginal over the S1R and S1H…and then only if you need that ‘extra’ stuff.

But no one can actually shoot a Z9 if they can’t buy the thing in the first place!

It is on my ‘Future Potential Camera’ list, but by the time real people can buy the thing, maybe Panny will have announced the next gen S line.

Those will then only be available in 2027 and only if you are invited to buy one depending on how many DikTok followers you have.

With a new Megadap Nikon Z to Sony e-mount adapter I am actually looking at Nikon cameras in a new light now. 

If they prodcue a more compact and cheap version of their flagship Z9, or just migrate some of its features to a refreshed versions of Z6 and Z7 I might just get one. Two ecosystems in one! Only the batteries would be different. 

On 6/17/2022 at 3:42 AM, MrSMW said:

Z9 pre-order = 7500 euros body only.

Meanwhile, I paid less than that for all 4 of my camera bodies; S5, S1H, pair of S1R’s, all used but ‘as new’ except the S5 I bought new.

OK, the Z9 is arguably a more capable bit of kit than the S5, but only marginal over the S1R and S1H…and then only if you need that ‘extra’ stuff.

Yeah for all the horrible insane prices increase we see, with pricey cameras like the Z9, FX6, or R5C etc, we've actually never been living in better time ever in history for filmmaking!

As cameras such as the Panasonic S5 / GH5S, Z Cam E2-M4, Pocket 4K, Fujifilm X-T3, all offer amazing image quality for very very low prices!

35 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

As cameras such as the Panasonic S5 / GH5S, Z Cam E2-M4, Pocket 4K, Fujifilm X-T3, all offer amazing image quality for very very low prices!

I wouldn’t choose to switch from what I have today, but one of the reasons I moved from Fuji was the lack of stabilised bodies or lenses.

It was basically XH1 and slow zooms when I left.

Loved the image quality coming out of the XT3 and much preferred it’s tilt screen that they ruined (IMO) with the flipping flippy flip screen of the XT4.

And now Tamron has brought out the 17-70mm f2.8 (basically a 28-105) with probably around 3.5 stops if OIS.

For around 1500 for this lens and an XT3…WOW.

So Z9, amazing bit of kit, but just how much does something like that really bring you when it comes down to it?

Very little for a HUGE amount more.

When prices hit around 3k, it might be viable for me, but that is a couple of years away at least.

It may even be superseded before anyone even has their preorder the rate they are knocking them out…

Chip shortage? Shit shortage for anyone that wants to buy anything these days…